Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,918   Online: 977

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi All,

I just wanted to thank several members of APUG who have chipped in and bought me my first 8x10 lens for Christmas. A 240mm 5.6 Nikkor-W! I'm almost moved to tears over this gesture. This is easily one of the most special gifts I've ever received and I'll always treasure it. Thanks to those who organized this, collected funds, and shipped the lens all the way to New Zealand (even with a nice contact print taken by the lens included!). My journey into 8x10 can now begin thanks to you!

There's never a shortage of appreciation for this website and that makes it a joy to administer. Everyone has been very patient with the development and maintenance of APUG (after all I'm not a professional webmaster, so there has been a huge learning curve!). I ABSOLUELY love being a member of APUG, and am ecstatic to have found so many "like minded individuals" and good friends here. I look forward to being a part of this site for many years to come. Thanks again! Sean

Here is a picture of my Dorff with the lens. These are exciting times! She's Alive!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean

You are most welcome and thanks again for the excellent site and support.

Phill

PS Now the pressure is on as we expect to see some results.
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nah, now all of Sean's available time will be used to play with his new toy...

Jorge O

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean,
    there would be no APUG without your efforts. So we'd like to thank you!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sean,
    You are most welcome. I look forward to seeing your images. Have a happy and prosperous New Year.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This was our way of saying thank you!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Sean

The lens is just an outlet for your passion. The APUG list is an outlet for our passion. Your vision just a couple of years ago to build a forum for the dedicated analog photographer and the subsequent work involved is not only time consuming, labor intense and a financial burden, it is a passion.

Keep the passion burning.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Merry Christmas Sean, Thanks for your efforts this is the best site on the web.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "Now the pressure is on as we expect to see some results."

I wouldn't expect results just yet, but expect A LOT of new forum postings from me! Such a huge camera seems scary, but I think with all the support here I'll be able to hit the ground running.

Thanks guys!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you, Sean.

I just hope you get as much enjoyment from the lens as we do from all your many, many hours of hard work.

Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin