Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,045   Online: 898

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will we get the comments section back, or are we moving to a more efficient system than "PM sent!" to note interest in an item?
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yup comments will be available (this week hopefully)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm still missing the classifieds in the Sidebar
    N

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Sean. Not sure if my PM got to you or not, as it's not showing up in the sent PMs list, so I'm reposting here. There's not really anything in it that can't be shared with anyone else anyway.

I hope I'm not being too forward, especially because I'm a newbie here (just bought an RB 67 setup), but if you'd like some free help tuning up the classifieds section, please don't hesitate to ask. I've got a fair amount of experience with MySQL, PhP, and web sites in general. Maybe if you'd like to talk about the possibilities on the phone, we could do so if you're interested. I use Skype for international calls, so costs are essentially nil.

See my home page at www.theshininglamp.com for more background info. I just moved, so the contact info needs to be changed, but the form mail on the contact page works fine.

Regards,

Jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi, thanks Jan! I have it all booked in with my current coder but will touch base with you about other stuff if he gets too busy. Maybe even other sites..

Sean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not a problem, Sean! If ever you need help, just give me a shout.

Jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't enter my paypal email because I wanted people to contact me before they buy something just as they had to in the past. Now I've got several people who have sent payments but got an error response. These were people who didn't contact me first. My paypal account is working fine so what is up with this new system?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Sean, just curious about this line in the My Classifieds section. "Status: Paid and Published and Approved" but before I pressed the (publish now) link the line read "Status: Unpaid and Unpublished(publish now) and Approved". Does this mean when other members view the listing it is marked Paid somewhere?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I didn't enter my paypal email because I wanted people to contact me before they buy something just as they had to in the past. Now I've got several people who have sent payments but got an error response. These were people who didn't contact me first. My paypal account is working fine so what is up with this new system?
    If I do enter my paypal info that means anyone with a paypal account can send me money and begin a transaction? What if this happens:

If the sale is listed as a conus or local pickup and someone overseas sends a payment anyway.
    If a sale on an item is pending via email confirmation and someone else uses "buy it" before the seller gets the chance to change the ad.

If multiple items are listed such as pro packs of film and someone purchases 1 of many. What happens?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    all good questions and bugs pointed out. I had hoped my coder would be available but there is a slight delay. Will keep you guys posted.

-I think published shows the ad, unpublish removes it, paid marks it as sold..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin