Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,010   Online: 950

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New Classifieds are up and running but still being tweaked..

Hi All,

I know people are missing the classifieds so the new system is up and running. Still needs a lot of tweaking and feedback from you. The good thing about this system as I said before is that it is lightweight on the server and is a vbulletin coded application. We can basically modify it however we like. For example I am having mods put in that show recent images on the homepage. One bit of advice is pay attention to the "Options" link on the ad pages, it is similar to the forum "Thread Tools" link and gives all the ad options. These options will be updated onto the main ad space as well. Classifieds code tweaks are going in next week so if you want any tweaks or changes let me know and I'll see what I can do. Ok, now upload some ads!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    YEAH! Thanks for all the hard work, now maybe I can find somewhere to spend that last $12 in my bank account. I was so worried it might end up going towards beer.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I problem is that all the adds were wiped out. I purchased a lens before the site went down. I was planning on giving Ellen Rennard the member I purchased the lens from a recommend on the classified page, but now I can not do this.
    Ricko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still not seeing any ads on the left side of the page.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ricko, there is some definite pain there with losing some of the feedback. I am seeing if I can export a historical list of feedback and import it into the new system.

Chazzy, the sidebar block is being re-written to pull data from the new system and will hopefully be back up early next week

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    WOO HOO! the classys are back! Thanks Sean, they look great.

Rick

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    thanks for getting the ads back up and running.

so far what i see (and i am still getting used to it) is that there is no date on the ad. IMO there must be a date on the original ad to help us know if it is still active.

having a thumbnail for the item without having to click the item is great too. seeing a title and a thumbnail is very handy. easier than just words. i see thumbnails lower on the page but they are not categorized. they just seems to be a sampling. it would be better if the thumbnails were only on the categories that i am searching.

i hope this help. thanks

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Eddie, will get a date added (the date added and the date the ad will run to). As for the thumbnails not quite sure what you mean. If you go to the buy/sell category http://www.apug.org/forums/classifie...e=buy-and-sell
    thumbnails below are a mix of everything in buy/sell but if you drill down into the buy/sell sub categories for example 'darkroom' you only see thumbnails for darkroom items.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    okay. thanks sean. it just takes some getting used to. i think a start date would be more beneficial than an end date. IMO

i will keep playing.

thanks
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope that we will finally get mandatory location disclosure in the classifieds. We ought to know at least whether a seller is on the same continent or not.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin