Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,092   Online: 722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be nice when clicking on a picture to have a closer look that it would open in a new window. Now, when through looking to the enlarged picture, if I don't remember to use the Back button, but instead just close the picture window, I also close the entire ad.

Thanks for asking.

Jim
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi sean,

sorry, i should have made some suggestions.

IMO this page seems very cluttered. i think being able to go to the area you are interested in would be the best. so you see a list of cameras, film, extras etc. and them you click on what you want and then see the stuff that is listed.

once you are into say cameras i like that there is a thumbnail but again i think all the seller info off to the right just makes it hard to read. i think a thumbnail, name of item, sellers handle and a price would be fine for a quick glance not in bold. just to make it easy on the eyes and brain. no need for the catergory, maybe put that on the page heading, we know that . views can be seen when we click on the ad. overall this page is not bad.....once you arrive here. but the above mentioned things that are in bold kind of take your eyes there.

i am sorry if i seem overly critical. i do not mean to be. i appreciate your efforts. i enjoy the site and the classifieds and am just trying to help make it work nicely. thakns for your time.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I noticed an issue with the comment feature. I replied to a comment someone left for me and my reply was listed first before his question. Its backwards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've noticed a couple of things:

1) unless I've missed something, none of the ads show any date;
    2) unless you know better, you would assume that the listings on the Buy and Sell page here: buy-and-sell page are complete. Unless you click on one of the headings (e.g. "Darkroom") you won't learn that there are more, older listings. A link on the bottom of each section such as Older Darkroom Listings would help;
    3) does posting a query automatically send a pm or email to the person who posted the ad originally? It is not clear whether we need to send a pm or email to him/her. If so, a direct "contact" link would be useful - EDIT - I've just found the "Make Contact" link under the small "Options" tab - it wasn't easy!;
    4) are there any rules posted on how the search function works? I tried to search for Mark Fisher's ad for LED safelight bulbs. "LED" yielded nothing, "LED bulbs" yielded nothing useful, and only "safelight" helped.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

1) unless I've missed something, none of the ads show any date;

Matt
    yeah! the original posting date....i was just coming her to say that. good one matt

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just sent a new spec to my coder for some tweaking, stay tuned

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Guys,

The latest updates for the classifieds are in place. It’s still evolving but the new update includes:

-dates added to ad listings in all areas
    -on the recent lists a link to view all ads
    -comments now running most recent comment last
    -user PM’d when a comment is placed on their ad (haven’t tested yet but should be working)
    -had some stuff re-aligned to left alignment instead of center
    -had the ad “options” placed within the ad so people did not have to hunt for it and get frustrated about how to action an ad
    -the main ad pages used to be one wide list with 1 add per line, this wasted a lot of space and reduced ads per page so I had this split into two columns to maximize space

I have not had a good test with the paypal integration, there could be a bug there so looking into it. Other than that keep the suggestions coming. My coder is away for 2.5-3weeks so I can have a new spec for him when he returns. There is also a lot of general site improvements I am preparing for him that are long overdue.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Sean!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    looking good! thanks for listening.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One further thought.....

A standard field for every ad giving the opportunity to list the location of the item or person wanting the item would be very helpful, even if it was left up to the subscriber whether or not they wanted to complete it.

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin