Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,261   Online: 828

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

flotsman... leica kind photography is something unique. i mean the way u take photos is not the same as with nikon or hasselblad. i think that in the rf style we can put more than leica camera. mamia 7 (this is 67 rf, rite?) of course the bessa, and i think we can put here the wide-angle cameras from linhof and alpa. the vission and the use of the leica and bessa with elm24mm or snapskopar25 is almost the same as with alpa or technorama. by the way, take bessa L camera, put on it one of wide skopars and u have mini alpa..lol. of course, on alpa and technorama the dynamic is lost a bit because of bigger stuff, but the vission is just the same.
    i think that the mami and konica is about the same in this respect, and the users of those cameras has lots of things in common.
    so "rangefinder" is good name for the style, and way of doing photo.
    victor

No Aggie, no mamiya's only REAL cameras made by REAL elves in the Black Forest in Germany.

We Leica owners need to self-justify our expensive purchases.

tom.. we leica users shall justify our expenses with the photos we make, not by talk.. what exectly shall we talk about in the "only leica" forum. "how good is our cameras and lenses". "which mp is more beautifull - silver or black, and which combination of lense finish". or that u want to talk about the beautiful serial number on your camera. come on. it is not really inresting.
    i think other people with mamias and bessas etc have lots of things in common and that way the forum will be more productive and enjoyable.
    the best justification for owning leica is the feel in the hand while working and the print u see.
    victor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya know Tom, I think you just gave me a good argument to use on the hubby type so that I can get yet another camera system. I can tell him that my Mamiya is just a cheap camera compared to some. I need to get a really good system...hmmmmmmm maybe that littman so I can easier carry the darn 4x5 stuff. So Tom if you get some angry calls in the middle of the night from the west coast, you know it is the hbby type letting off steam. lol....never thought of this angle to get that camera...let you know how it turns out.

Aggie,
    and you can argue that they hold their resale value better than any other camera.

or that since the shutter will last 450,000 exposures, vs. 150,000 for nikon or canon, a Leica is actually much cheaper on a per exposure basis.

my favorite technique, though, is to tell my wife I'm considering the purchase of a Leica lens, and show her the price. then I say, "well, it's very expensive, I suppose I can get by with just a new print washer..."
    then I don't get a fight about the print washer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Almost down to a science here.....Hubby gets new geek computer toy, and I get new camera gear.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Another forum that recently popped up for discontented Leicaphiles is the Underground Leica Forum at:

http://www.cleanpage.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi

Any opinions?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy
    and you can argue that they hold their resale value better than any other camera.
    Careful Tom. Someone might mention that if you never use it to take a picture, it actually becomes an investment. But think of the all the enjoyment that you will get from visiting it at the safe deposit box and looking at it from time to time.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

david,
    i'm thinking i'm glad there wasn't a migration over to here.

yeah Neal, i have the oxymoron of Leicas, a comemerative model that's also a user. little by little it's (or being a Leica, should i say She's) assuming some battle scars. This is good since I keep using it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin