Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,397   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And Sean may not say it, but he does take donations for all his work on this free site. It's a good way to thank him for all of his efforts and help defray the costs of running the site.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    Not to debate the issue, because I'm not going to, anyone who is on a fixed IP and doesn't have adequate protection is asking for it anyway.
    Agreed, but given the number of people who don't apply security updates, or don't have anti-virus software installed (or haven't updated it since since buying the computer with it pre-installed) I wouldn't be surprised if many didn't.

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know, and will, gladly.
    He certainly deserves it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    thanks all. Well the new site hasn't been cheap to create so with it's rollout there will be an optional subscription service (it's built into the software so I figured might as well use it). I'll have it setup for 3, 6 and 12 month subscribtions at $1 a month. In the forums you'll be listed as a "Member", if you decide to subscribe you click a link, subscribe, it automatically takes you to paypal, then brings you back to the site, and once back at the site your "member" designation changes to "Subscriber". When your subscription is almost up it will notify you. It's optional and I think a reasonable rate. It also keeps me from having to keep track of donations and all. Some may not like this idea but the new site's hitting the wallet pretty hard and as membership increases I find this has almost been a second job maintaining everything. I do enjoy it though, no doubt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm assuming the Paypal is a 'secure' site? But won't there be an alternative method of subscribing that does not require innernet disclosure of bank information?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sean, generally I don't have problem with paying for membership, this site is worth that money, but... I can´t use Paypal as a Slovak citizen. If there is another way of paying with card, it would be perfect. The last alternative is bank transfer to your bank account, but then I have to pay not small bank fees. I'm afraid that would be only way for all members from "non Paypal" countries

Yes, and thank you for to build up and maintenance this place... JK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bruce,
    to pay with paypal you do not need to disclose any bank information. All you need to input is a credit card number and expiration date same as if you were buying something online or over the phone. I use a citibank credit card which allows you to produce a one-time use "virtual card number" for your credit account (through citibank's website) so any hacking of a system where you purchased something won't have a record of a valid credit card number (if they hack the citibank website you're still screwed, though). My card also has a 0% liability for online transactions if someone is using my card online. Because of this I don't worry as much about online purchases anymore, but I am sure you could mail a check to Sean--it might just take a while. Count me as a subscriber!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm all for that. I was just getting ready to send another donation anyway, so let us know which way you are heading with this. I just hope we don't get into the various levels of subscribership.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    I'm assuming the Paypal is a 'secure' site? But won't there be an alternative method of subscribing that does not require innernet disclosure of bank information?
    Paypal is very secure, but there will be alternate methods available for sure..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    I'm all for that. I was just getting ready to send another donation anyway, so let us know which way you are heading with this. I just hope we don't get into the various levels of subscribership.
    Don't worry Eric, I want it to be VERY low key and extremely cheap. There will not be any levels -But for you I can do a 1 off, if you'd like to donate $1,000 I can ad an image of a nuclear explosion to your name with the title of "Super Mega Ultra Subscriber!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin