Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,700   Online: 763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

NEW VIDEO DIRECTORY!

Hi All,

I have finished the video directory for APUG. This allows subscribers to build a library of traditional based videos hosted on sites like youtube, google video, etc. The benefit of this method is mainly we are not at the mercy of video streaming bandwidth and performance issues on our own server. The videos are hosted elsewhere and we categorize and link to them. We can also discuss them on APUG in a comment area under the video. It is very easy to add videos, instructions are on the "Add Video" page. I'm looking forward to seeing all the videos that come in. I added two for examples, so feel free to start building the directory. If you need additional categories suggest them here.

The blogs link has been replaced with the videos link. Blogs can still be accessed via user profiles and "My APUG". A better menu bar is being built which will have blogs back on the main navigation.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by Sean; 10-25-2009 at 07:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BINGO! Thanks for this update.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    fyi- Just got google video working..
    Last edited by Sean; 10-25-2009 at 07:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean, I just added a few photographer interviews from Youtube. Very quick and easy to use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool, Sean. Just added the initial installment of The Redneck Review. This is really great. RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(edit)
    My daughter saw the preview photo for Ron's Emulsion video and, upon explaining it was about pouring emulsion onto something like a glass plate, she commented that when she saw the pink that she thought it was about underwear. ;p
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 10-26-2009 at 06:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great Sean!

Fantastic solution you have chosen, and the video attributes extraction works like a breeze. I have added the Kodak 1958 video about "How film is made", as available on YouTube, posted by some anonymous user after we launched it here on APUG.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nice work, Sean!

I added a few alternative process videos, from YouTube and Google. Hopefully there will be more of these. Still looking for a good intro on Gum Bichromate for example.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope that someone adds Jason Brunner's videos for beginners and clearly indicates that they are appropriate for beginners. I suspect that the vast amount of information on APUG has to be a little intimidating to people who are just getting started in film photography or darkroom work.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do you make a comment on a video?

It appears that you can, but when you select the POST button, the comment vanishes and I cannot seem to find it. Does it go back to the original source or does it go somewhere on APUG?

Thanks.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Ron, it appears to work but you need to refresh after submitting the comment to see it. Will have to fix that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin