Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,732   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, we're delayed by 1 day. Migration will be tomorrow night instead.. (basically at the mercy of the data center, but tomorrow is looking good)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow.. working on a server migration on Christmas Eve? This is why I fled the IT field after 10 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, we're back and on the new server. Any issues let me know. The server has not been optimized yet but the thing is such a beast it will probably not matter

Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Ok, we're back and on the new server. Any issues let me know. The server has not been optimized yet but the thing is such a beast it will probably not matter

Sean
    Thanks for the break. I had to do something to deal with analogue photography so I change light seals in two of my cameras, The new FTb N (got yesterday) was really gummy and my AE1p was a breeze. Had been putting it off for months. It is kind of late for people in NA but I am west coast and I like the solitude of late nights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Finally home from the in-laws (dialup modem) and back on my broadband, server is really flying! I had one search that said it took 0.00 seconds hehe. Good stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean, I have only noticed one minor issue since the migration: I no longer receive topic reply notice emails. I've checked my account settings, it is set for 'instant notification'.

Glad you're feeling better fella! Hope you had a great holiday.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, I also don't receive email notifications any more, I've checked my settings and the same as Andy, but nothing has happened since for me as well.

I agree it appears to be faster, although faster is subjective with my modem speed probably being the bottleneck.

Glad you're over your malaise.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It does appear we are blacklisted by a few ISPs and only 90% or so of mails are getting out. Will notify you and Andy's ISP in the morning. Thanks for the info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, I still don't get any email notifications, is there anything I can do at my end about this?

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, the notifications now appear to be working as of about 30 minutes ago, which is around midnight your time.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Mick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin