Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,043   Posts: 1,560,861   Online: 1201

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    What's next, Sean, Spanish? There are certainly a lot of Spanish speakers in the world.
    Well, if we are going by numbers, Chinese must be first.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    May be esperanto.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by makanakijones View Post
    May be esperanto.
    Latin? No, Klingon!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations to all concerned. The world loses languages every year, Google "last speaker dies" to find a list, and while exotic languages are not the province of APUG a range of languages other than English is laudable and very thoughtful.

Regards - Ross (English and awful French only)

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Good to see that all the analogue beerdrinking, mustachioed knackwursters in lederhosen has somewhere to hang out now. Oh, and of course anyone else not fitting that description!
    Jerevan,

your little list is a somewhat outdated description of Bavaria which is just a part of Germany. I am from northern Germany, and Bavaria is a little different - it's like calling you a Norvegian

Ole, forgive me... :-)
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    The german forum, shouldn't that be "APUG Deutsches forum" (or whatever it may be called in its native langauge)?
    The right term would be "deutschsprachiges Forum" (german language forum).

There are people in Austria, Switzerland and even in Denmark, Belgium and other countries that speak german but are not german, and this forum is not about national pride or other outdated ideas but to help people that feel more comfortable reading a language that they know well.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    One important note:

The "complete list of all films" and the "garbage camera project" are the first runs to start 'global' cooperations.

Please, join these activities, invite people in the french and dutch forums and let's use APUG as a global roundhouse for local analog activities.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    No offense taken, after this summer I've forgotten my German but speak "a bissle Bädisch"
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Jerevan,

your little list is a somewhat outdated description of Bavaria which is just a part of Germany. I am from northern Germany, and Bavaria is a little different - it's like calling you a Norvegian

cmo,

I am well aware that my small list of traits is not accurate, Germany is a bit more than my description suggests.

And I have been living in Norway for quite a while, so in spirit I am a norwegian.

As for the "deutschsprachiges Forum", I am able to read enough to get the gist of what is said. I'll take a peek now and then "over there".
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Whilst there appeared to be some doubt to the need, or necessity of a German sub-forum by some German speaking APUG members, it does seem that there were more than a few people out there who could not converse in English well enough to participate.
    I've initiated the Dutch and French forums some six years ago and I've been the Dutch moderator ever since. I passed on the moderatorship of the French forums to Claude Eichel, who passed it on recently to Romary Daval.

The Dutch forums have been doing rather well, although many of the participants are fluent in English. But also a lot of them aren't. Some things are just easier to understand or explain in your own language, and local tips and tricks would get lost in the English sections.

The French forum has done less well. Frenchmen don't even look at an international site like Apug. (The knowledge of English is rediculously low in France.) But the French section seems to regain some activity these last few months with a new moderator.

In short : Yes it's really usefull to have language sections of Apug, because not everyone speaks English fluently. There is a real need to exchange among analog photographers in your own environment. And the cross-contamination between the English and the language forums has proven very fertile.
    Last edited by argentic; 02-12-2010 at 05:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin