Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,411   Online: 699

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grenet View Post
    Just a thought - how about the title on the sidebar linking to the Classifieds forum so it is more consistent with how the other sidebar items operate?
    I'll have a look at that soon, thanks for the heads up. There will also be a recent ads listing on the classifieds homepage added this weekend..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean, I'd really appreciate it if classified ads were not included in the RSS feed. By nature they often include slow (for me, anyway) image files and that defeats the RSS idea.

Today there two,I fear a growing number.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Ross, I had not thought of this. It's not standard but I'm going to have the rss recoded either this weekend or early next week.
    As a workaround I believe this RSS link: http://www.apug.org/forums/external....S2&exclude=376
    may do the trick.

Sean

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I found the ads cluttered up the view in "new posts". I took them out. But as I don't use the sidebar either, the only way to access the classifieds forums would be to search for it, I guess. Couldn't it be done in such a way that the ads doesn't show up in the "new post" list but the classifieds forums show when I click the top "Forums" tab?

Yes, I like having the cake and eating it, too...
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jerevan,

Why not use the 'Classifieds' tab at the top of the page (between 'Articles' and 'Links')?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, David!

Methinks it is a smidge too little in the way of coffee this morning...
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That page will also soon have a listing of the most recent ads as well..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks good; but I don't seem to have the ability now to edit the ad, or to exclude comments, etc. Was this lost somehow in the migration? I'd planned, as items sold, to indicate that within the text of the original ad, to keep things neat. (my ad is for Contax gear for sale, placed within the last few days.)

Thanks fellas.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think you should be able to exclude comments and close the thread once Sean sets that up.

We decided against allowing edits to the original post beyond the usual edit window, because that could defeat the purpose of the archiving system, which will retain ads after thirty days for research purposes and in case of disputes.

So if you want to update and indicate which items have sold or which items are still available, you could mention that as a comment to the thread or occasionally post a new list within the thread, or if it becomes a real mess, just close the thread and relist.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok, we're going to turn on full edit because there are cases when someone might list 5 items and would like to update their original post with status per item. I would encourage posters not to delete the content in their ads so that we can archive the ads for historical purposes (I'll put a notice regarding that on the new classifieds post area). We will be running an archive on ads older than 30 days to a "Classifieds Archive" forum.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin