Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,498   Online: 903

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Images
    I just sold an item, and I think the new system is working much better.

I like to leave the ad up until the buyer receives the item. In this case, as a seller I would like to be able to edit the title bar to reflect SOLD, or STILL FOR SALE. This I think would help shoppers and window shoppers—who could tell at the glance of the bumped title bar the status of the item.

How do I lock the ad?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The "Thread Tools" menu item (near top right of the thread) should give you options to edit the thread (to edit the title) and lock the thread. If not let me know. More work needs do be done on the new classifieds but my coder is delayed till next week.

Thanks,
    Sean

Images
    Under "Thread Tools," the command "Close Thread" will lock it. I thought "close it" and "lock it" might differ.

I didn't yet figure out how to edit the title.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    click "edit" then click "go advanced", that should do it. I'll get some instructions up for that..

Images
    On one thread, Voigtlander, I have about three posts, but at this time I am only able to edit the last one posted. Editing seems to be limited to a time frame.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok, it looks like the full edit rights I gave get negated by the overall system settings to have a time frame. Will see if I can find a work around. Thanks for the info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I set the ad to be closed because I thought it would be better to communicate one on one, one at a time. However, now that the item is sold, I cannot mark it as such. I guess it doesn't matter but it means answering each PM if anyone else is interested and wants to buy.

Any way for me to make it sold?

Thanks
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    It would be handy if one could search the buy/sell ads by location as well as time posted.
    Cheers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thread fixed, Wayne. A couple of the moderators are on the road at the moment, so it may take a little longer to get to all the post reports and requests for a few days.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you for attending to that little nightmare.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin