Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,557,998   Online: 1098

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUG "RSS" Latest Posts Feed For External Sites

We now have RSS running.

This will allow people to receive a feed of the latest threads posted on APUG. This may be included into a webpage or RSS reader to provide an automatically updated latest threads display outside of APUG.

I am new to this and do not know much about it yet. But if you have a device or webpage that can use an RSS feed you can now have that page display the most recent APUG forum posts.

The url to our RSS feed is: http://www.apug.org/forums/external.php

As an example I have tested it with yahoo.com. If you have a Yahoo account you can configure your main Yahoo homepage and add an RSS feed, then plug in our RSS url listed above. The result is the screenshot below. Pretty nifty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just head over to the site myself, but for someone who has their own webpage or a set homepage (Opera opens back to the last pages you were on so APUG is theoretically always one of my homepages) this is great feature!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It looks like the Yahoo homepage RSS feeds are still a new feature and in beta, so they don't appear to update regularly enough. If anyone has some additional RSS resources or tricks please post them here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I found this to be interesting, an RSS Reader, similar to an email client.

http://www.sharpreader.net/index.html

You put in your RSS feeds apug,bbc news, sports, etc and it's all displayed in this app. Going to try it (might cut down on my surfing at work )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Have installed it and it's a great little app! superb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If using the sharpreader, I suggest going into feed properties and setting the apug feed to refresh every 15mins. I've added about 20 feeds to this reader. Good stuff, no need to surf pages now I just check the feed lists from the different sites all in 1 location.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    great little app, any suggestions on a couple of feeds to add to it. It's nice because I can have it open while working on a paper in word.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    here ya go: http://news.yahoo.com/rss

just copy the links paste them into the app, and click the apps subscribe button.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here is a massive RSS feed directory for anyone interested: http://www.syndic8.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Good, free OS X RSS client?

Can someone recommend a good, free RSS client for OS X?

I tried slashdock, but don't like it. Seems primitive and cludgy, generating an HTML page for viewing instead of viewing the index in the app itself.

Just installed bottomfeeder, but it's clearly a lame port of something that wants to be a window app.

I think the ultimate would be a gateway that dynamically presented RSS feeds and items as IMAP folders and messages, permitting any IMAP-capable E-Mail client to do RSS, but maybe that just appeals to me 'cause of my background. (*shrug*)

Open to OS X client suggestions.

(should I have asked this in the lounge instead? If so, let me know and I'll delete this post and re-post it in the lounge. I figured if someone did step up with a suggestion of a good OS X client, this thread would be a good place to post about it.)

-KwM-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin