Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,017   Online: 878

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Taking note of this and on new version of APUG due out this weekend will make it so members can't PM other members until a certain amount of posts are under their belt.
    Do I have enough posts??

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Heads up everybody, there is a scammer working the APUG classifieds. If you receive contact from "cc25Corner" or "cc25corner@gmail" it is a scam. We have banned this user, but he may attempt to re-register under another alias.

The general scam is to respond by email to WTB postings and offer the item sought requesting payment through western union to an address in the UK. The scammer is actually located in Nigeria.

He/she displays a general lack of photographic knowledge and bad grammar. If you get contacted by this person or someone else offering similar terms, please report it.
    Thanks for jumping on this right away.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Do I have enough posts??

Steve
    unfortunately
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean and all moderators, I appreciate all of the hard work you folks are doing to make this the best photographic site on the Internet.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Getting these warnings is useful. Whilst some scams are obvious (are there people who really believe that they've been singled out to be made a multi-millionaire by a dispossessed African prince with a Hotmail address?), others are far more sophisticated traps for the unwary, and sometimes even the wary.
    Alex

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    You folks are all late to the party. Nigerian scams didn't start with the invention of email.

In 1975, while working in the back office of an international Wall St firm, I was assigned the task of searching for the holdings of a deceased uncle of a Nigerian gentleman by the name of Onugbu C. Moulie. Onugbu never seemed to be able to come up with an account number or old statement of his uncle's, but insisted that the firm owed him money. Large waste of my time.

Charley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin