Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,419   Online: 785

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

CLASSIFIEDS SCAMMER ccCorner

Heads up everybody, there is a scammer working the APUG classifieds. If you receive contact from "cc25Corner" or "cc25corner@gmail" it is a scam. We have banned this user, but he may attempt to re-register under another alias.

The general scam is to respond by email to WTB postings and offer the item sought requesting payment through western union to an address in the UK. The scammer is actually located in Nigeria.

He/she displays a general lack of photographic knowledge and bad grammar. If you get contacted by this person or someone else offering similar terms, please report it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    thanks jason !
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if this is the Finance Minister's son? He owes me a $30,000,000 fee.............

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get in line chum. I've first call on the $25,000,000 fee for helping secure the fortune of one Basher Mobutu (now there's a name you don't want to meet in a dark alleyway), whose cocoa-rich father was poisoned by business colleagues who lured him to an out of town meeting. I've already sent the bank clearance fee of $3,500, so you can have what's left over once my $25m comes.
    Alex

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I actually got contacted by someone from the UK wanting to sell me a 8x10 camera by Email saying they saw my posts. Maybe this is the person you speak of Mr Brunner.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nigeria = Scam....oh shit
    good work all
    regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could that mean my friend Prince N'mbugubullutulubutomba isn't on the level? Oh-oh.
    But he seemed so nice. Terrible about what happened to his father.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Taking note of this and on new version of APUG due out this weekend will make it so members can't PM other members until a certain amount of posts are under their belt.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Mine came from email, not sure if from LFF or APUG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Taking note of this and on new version of APUG due out this weekend will make it so members can't PM other members until a certain amount of posts are under their belt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Can you mask email addresses too, along with the PM's? I don't mind if real members see it, just new members without a history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin