Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,024   Online: 692

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerk151 View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with the site loading on a Macintosh computer? APUG always seems to be up and running while at work and I have not problem accessing via "Tapatalk" on my Droid. However, I get messages that say "Failed to open" while on Mac. Firefox and Safari have both been tried.

Thank You,
    Jody
    I'm not sure what happened in the last 24 hours, but this site is now viewable on my Mac for the 1st time since the upgrade. I'm very happy and it has put a good start to my day.

Thanks to all

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Likewise!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerk151 View Post
    I'm not sure what happened in the last 24 hours, but this site is now viewable on my Mac for the 1st time since the upgrade. I'm very happy and it has put a good start to my day.

Thanks to all
    I'm on a Mac and had no problems from the start. Thank goodness 'cause I needed my fix!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This may have been discussed earlier, but I seem to be constantly signing in. If I come back to APUG after viewing a non-APUG tab open on my computer, or even go to view pictures, I get a request for sign-in and password.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    This may have been discussed earlier, but I seem to be constantly signing in. If I come back to APUG after viewing a non-APUG tab open on my computer, or even go to view pictures, I get a request for sign-in and password.
    Hi, are you clicking "remember me" when you login?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there a time-out somewhere on APUG because I have also noticed this, irrespective of "Remember Me".
    Cookies are all enabled in my Firebox.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hi, are you clicking "remember me" when you login?
    No. I guess I misunderstood what the "Remember Me" was for. I assumed it was like others I've seen that would always remember me on this computer, even after a shut-down. I'll give it a try.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats what I thought to about the remember me,learn something new everyday,if only I can retain it.
    Last edited by mike c; 08-11-2010 at 11:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    there is a way to make it checked as a default so will put that in soon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    there is a way to make it checked as a default so will put that in soon
    Would that not result in people who don't want to be remembered (public/shared computers) having to uncheck the thing every time they visit APUG?
    While as it is now, people who do want to be remembered only have to check it just once?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin