Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,282   Online: 701

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    well the old system kept you on by default, so i think that is where some confusion is..

Shooter
    35mm
    if the new version of software uses a different cookie identifier, then you wouild be wise to delete old apug cookies from your browser and the re-login using remeber me and making sure your browser is set to keep cookies. I don't know if new software uses a different cookie identifier but its worth doing if you have problems with staying logged in between sessions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    well the old system kept you on by default, so i think that is where some confusion is..
    Did it?
    The old system only remembered me when i had checked the remember me box. The new system too remembers that it has to remember you, when you check the box.
    It can't do the opposite, remember that it shouldn't remember you, unless it starts remembering everyone.

So as it is, old and new, only people who have said they should be remembered are remembered. And they only need to say that they should be once.
    People who don't want to be remembered have to do nothing (except log in and out again - which is what they choose to do)

So put the default at "remember me", and people who don't want to be remembered have to uncheck it every single time they visit APUG, as well as log in and log out.
    People who do want to be remembered are remembered. Just as they are now, once they checked the box. Once.

So i think that changing the default to "remember me" doesn't make life easier for those who do want to be remembered, while producing extra work for those who don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I remember, Q.G. is correct. I had to click the box to be remembered. I think it simplifies things overall for the reasons Q.G. put forth.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have sent numerous PM's to a member and they never show up in my "sent" box. I have received no reply, so I suspect they did not get sent. We had successfully PM'd since the upgrade, after I was able to get back on, but since at least Monday, nada.

Shooter
    35mm
    check your general settings, there is a selection option in there to copy your PMs to your sent folder. I got caught out by that one which I never knew existed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tlitody View Post
    check your general settings, there is a selection option in there to copy your PMs to your sent folder. I got caught out by that one which I never knew existed.
    Thanks for that! It was on don't save. What's strange is it was saving last week and I had not changed it (hadn't looked at the page). Unless I had a brainfart and don't remember it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few that I sent recently were not in the sent box and a few recently sent were. Conclusion: not a setting, something erratic with the PM system.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Thanks for that! It was on don't save. What's strange is it was saving last week and I had not changed it (hadn't looked at the page). Unless I had a brainfart and don't remember it.
    You're welcome. At least you now know that the lack of replies is because they don't want to speak to you

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    A few that I sent recently were not in the sent box and a few recently sent were. Conclusion: not a setting, something erratic with the PM system.
    I had this problem with the old system. If you send them from a post by clicking on a users name and selecting send PM, it apparently doesn't put them in PM sent folder which is not very helpful.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin