Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,139   Online: 853

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for bringing "My posts" back. However the list is now rather long as there are many details (parts of the threads) and I do not see the difference between threads where have been some activity since my last visit and where not. Honestly speaking I find the previous version of "my posts" more usable ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slnce-z-gsi View Post
    Thanks for bringing "My posts" back. However the list is now rather long as there are many details (parts of the threads) and I do not see the difference between threads where have been some activity since my last visit and where not. Honestly speaking I find the previous version of "my posts" more usable ....
    I should be able to revert it back to the old way. Will look into it soon. Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, it's been a while since I looked in around here on APUG. It's looking as good as ever!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is still in the works. Anything not as good in this version of APUG can be corrected or improved, it's just a matter of getting through the requests and sorting the issues out. Another volley of bug fixes is going in today as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    is there a way to get to someone's "portfolio"
    without searching through all 14+ pages of them ?
    ( not knowing real names, or what order they are in makes it hard )
    is it possible to add a link on the user's profile page?

Raj

Shooter
    35mm
    Excellent upgrade Sean, the new format looks more professional but retains the connection with the older version, therefore it is easier to navigate and browse.

Thank you very much from all of us for your hard work and contributing many hours of your time to make it easier for us to enjoy and benefit from this forum.

Analog photography and analog photographers owe you a deep sense of gratitude for bringing together film photographers from all over the world on to a common platform with all its attendant benefits and privalages.

Thank you once again Sean and God Bless.

Raj
    From beautiful and exotic India.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I noticed one more thing. The APUG webpage now seems to require at least 1100 pixels (not exact number, but I have not much space left on my 13" macbook) wide window to look pro to make the menus in dark gray strip (Home, Forums, Groups, etc..) to look properly. If narrower window is used the last items (Supports Us, Mobile) will be shifted to the light gray menu (showing FAQ, New Posts, etc.. when "Forum" is selected) and will overlay with these items making both unreadable and unusable. I would prefer to get a sliding bar in bottom of the page when the widow is too narrow to show all the content.

The sliding bar only appears when window size has reached about ~ 800 pixels. However at that point the overlap of the menu items is severe.

I am running Safari 5.0.1 on OS-X 10.5.8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I noticed one more thing. The APUG webpage now seems to require at least 1100 pixels (not exact number, but I have not much space left on my 13" macbook) wide window to look pro to make the menus in dark gray strip (Home, Forums, Groups, etc..) to look properly. If narrower window is used the last items (Supports Us, Mobile) will be shifted to the light gray menu (showing FAQ, New Posts, etc.. when "Forum" is selected) and will overlay with these items making both unreadable and unusable. I would prefer to get a sliding bar in bottom of the page when the widow is too narrow to show all the content.

The sliding bar only appears when window size has reached about ~ 800 pixels. However at that point the overlap of the menu items is severe.

I am running Safari 5.0.1 on OS-X 10.5.8.
    We're working on that now actually, trying to fix menu and navigation issues and get to 1024px

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sean,

Wow, like the improvements. The only issue I'm having is a dialog box popping up asking me if I want to stop a script that is taking forever to load. Happens twice. If I either click Continue or Stop Script when it pops up the second time, it loads up just fine, if a bit slowly. Granted, I am using a computer that doesn't like stuff like the H.264 codec used for YouTube, etc. I'm also using a browser based on the old Mozilla 1.8.x engine (Seamonkey 1.1.19). Will have to try it in Firefox 3.6.8 or in Seamonkey 2.0.3...

Anyway, keep up the good work.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    WOW !
    " Practicing the arts...is a way to make your soul grow." Kurt Vonnegut

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin