Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,786   Online: 819

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It's partly the idea, that it's highly visible like a notice -that the feature is available to members. In the near future I can modify it so that once you are using the filter it places that information at the bottom of the screen. It's still an improvement over the old APUG. The actual search results on the old APUG started about 400 pixels down, and the new system is about 280px down from page top.
    The whole shebang is definitely an improvement.

I always just click on the top right link to see the latest posts, so the few lines below the menu bar (Search, Latest and now exclusion list) are pretty useless to me. In the old system, I just checked my exclusion list once in a while. I doubt that I ever added back a forum that I had once 'silenced'.

Personally, I'd like to be rid of all the envelopes and other icons. But then, I had hoped that Lynx would take over the browser market...

It's lookin' good. Cheers, Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great feature. Even better instructions.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    fyi- There is a bug with the ignore thread tool, it removes threads from view but not from searches, we are working to fix this..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rrankin View Post
    I'd put the 'search parameters' bar somewhere less intrusive rather than in prime visual real estate on the screen.
    Cheers, Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It's partly the idea, that it's highly visible like a notice -that the feature is available to members.
    Sean, I agree with Richard that the bar could be less obtrusive. Main problem is, there are now three brown/grey bars of the same color just below each other (the second menu bar, the search parameters bar, and the title bar of the search results all have the same color), which looks a bit confusing.

Making the search bar another, possibly lighter color, to distinguish it from the second menu bar and the title bar of the search results, will not only make it less obtrusive, but actually also more clearly distinguish it as a separate entity / functionality. And in that sense ironically make it more visible.

Another option is to move it below the search results.

I also don't think the ignore forum option, although justly requested by many and missed, is something that needs to be available all the time. Once you set it a single time, you probably won't use it anymore.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Is it possible to make any threads started by people on your user ignore list be auto thread ignored. Nice to also have any threads participated in by people on your ignore list auto ignored as soon as they post to the thread. That way I can cut them out of my life forever and don't have to suffer reading replies to posts from people on my ignore list.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've tried ignoring the "deleted" thread at least 3-4 times and it keeps showing up in the list of new posts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    I've tried ignoring the "deleted" thread at least 3-4 times and it keeps showing up in the list of new posts.
    That is because it is trying to delete you! As long you do not sleep, you will be OK!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok i just fixed the ignored threads showing in new searches, anyone still having issues with that please let me know.. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean:

I don't know whether this is connected, but now if you do a search that returns no results) (like a New Posts search, when there are no new posts) you just get a blank page - nothing that says there are no results.

EDIT: this appears to happen only with the "New Posts" seach.

Further EDIT: now it seems fine!

Further, further EDIT: It's back!!!
    Last edited by MattKing; 09-10-2010 at 10:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Sean:

I don't know whether this is connected, but now if you do a search that returns no results) (like a New Posts search, when there are no new posts) you just get a blank page - nothing that says there are no results.

EDIT: this appears to happen only with the "New Posts" seach.

Further EDIT: now it seems fine!

Further, further EDIT: It's back!!!
    It's the hokey cokey bug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin