Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,696   Online: 1053

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

**APUG Software Updates This Weekend, Estimated Downtime 2 - 4hrs**

Hi All,

As scheduled it looks like we are still on for some updates this weekend NZ time (Roughly Friday US time). Basically going from vBulletin 4.0.5 to 4.0.7 (these updates resolve over 300 bugs within the vBulletin core system). The APUG development environment was updated tonight and it went very well, so I do not anticipate any problems with our production environment. Also, the APUG Gallery will be updated from Release Candidate 1 to Release Candidate 2, this includes many bug fixes and new functionality. Lastly, I have worked with Wiredtree to install Memcached on our server. The new vBulletin 4.0.7 update can leverage off of this data caching technology (if it works as expected the site should almost feel instantaneous when using it).

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,

Sounds great.

One small question though, after the upgrade, are you anticipating to do at least a quick check if user reported bugs are fixed by the upgrade?

I guess based on the bug thread, you could create a "check-list" and than check them off to see if there are any major issues left that need reporting to vBulletin, or any APUG bugs needing fixing by yourself.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin