Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,415   Online: 1026

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    On my keyboard it is "prt sc".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Back in the old CP/M days it was called a "screen dump". And it was normally configured to go to the printer.
    Yes, that is what I was suspecting. That mainframe time is a bit before my time though... The most archaic I have worked with, were non-networked PCs without hard disk, that needed to be booted from 5 1/4 inch floppy disks to start up DOS... That was in 1990 when I started my university studies. They were replaced by hard disk based 286's pretty soon afterwards though...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't paste into Word (why use a wordprocessor to handle images?), paste into Paint, and save as JPEG.
    Then you can upload the image to the thread itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Don't paste into Word (why use a wordprocessor to handle images?), paste into Paint, and save as JPEG.
    What he said.

When you are working in Paint, I find that it helps if, before you paste in the image, you set "Page Setup" (under the File menu) to landscape orientation.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys, got the screens and will look into it as soon as some of my backlog is cleared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Thanks guys, got the screens and will look into it as soon as some of my backlog is cleared
    No worries, Sean and thanks. Like I said these are very minor bugs and I can live with them if I need to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, good advice. However, the reason I mentioned Word, is that not all computer novices are actually aware that there is a small program called "Paint" somewhere down the Start menu of Windows that can do basic image manipulation. Nor may all beginning APUG users be aware that there is an "attachment" option in the forums...

Word and straight e-mail will be familiar to anyone using a Windows based computer though...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah right...
    Admit it: you too paste into Word!

(Just kidding)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah right...
    Admit it: you too paste into Word!

(Just kidding)

Actually, there may be another good reason to paste images in Word or OpenOffice's Writer application (OpenOffice's equivalent of Word). Writer is capable to read Word documents, and can export to PDF, contrary to Microsoft Word.

I wasn't aware of this, but since I installed OpenOffice next to Microsoft Office, and discovered this facility, I regularily use it. Very handy for creating PDFs to share here on APUG or on a personal website. You can even set a security password, to disallow editing, copying and/or printing of the PDF's content.
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For word processing, I use WordPerfect. I regularly use its export to PDF function.

It is quite good for assembling jpegs and text on a page, before the PDF export.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin