Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,852   Online: 806

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sean,

I reported this before somewhere, but APUG can be very slow. Still is the case.
    Sometimes, nothing happens when you click on a link that should select a thread or post and open it in the browser. Sometimes, stopping he procedure and trying again will help. Sometimes not even that, and it's "come back and try again some time later" time.

I suspected that it had to do with the database, not being able to 'serve' a thread while someone is posting, or something of the sort.
    Today (it happens very regularly) i got confirmation of that for the first time in the form and shape of a "Database error" page that was served instead of the thread i wanted to see, that (by the way) also mentioned the "technical staff" is alerted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails APUG-DB.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    P.S.

Guys, nothing so quick and easy as pasting into an 'image processor" and uploading the resulting JPG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, Sean, while im reporting: the Groups overview page still lists the time and date someone last looked to see if something new was posted, instead of the time and date someone actually posted something new.
    Would be great if that could be changed. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This usually happens during site backups which impact performance for an hour or so. Usually not noticeable, but I've requested the host bump up our max allowed db connections. See how things are in a few hrs.. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hey sean

also in the groups area ..
    i have notification to "approve" postings
    but it won't let me approve anything ...
    ( even after i select every post and click on "approve" )

- john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "Report post" feature missing.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    "Report post" feature missing.
    Mark:

Look down to the bottom left corner of the post's "frame" (just above the "Reply to Thread" box) where there is a tiny triangle with an exclamation mark in it. That is the report post function.

It has lousy tonality, but good accutance .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Got it now, thanks!
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The two bugs I reported are still buglike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Guys, we're about to upgrade to version 4.0.8 which has over 400 core system bug fixes. I have upgraded the dev environment today and we are just tweaking a few things. I should be able to put us on 4.0.8 in a day or two, as well as the new gold release of the gallery software. Then we'll do a lot more bug scrubbing by reviewing this thread and addressing as much as we can. This would have been done earlier if not for some budget constraints.

Thanks,
    Sean

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin