Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,368   Online: 1068

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

We're back! The System updates were successful. Please report any problems here.

The core foum software has been updated 2 point releases from 4.0.5 to 4.0.7 (this addresses over 300 bugs in the software). The Gallery software has also been updated from release candidate1 to release candidate2. You may find some forum and gallery issues fixed, and you may find a few items broken by the updates so please let me know. I think it is in good enough shape for me to continue tomorrow. I also have several features going in tomorrow such as subscribe to users posts, view single posts (for printing a single post), and more.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    just fyi- ran into problems getting memcached running so will work on that later (it is a performance boosting system that ties into the forum system)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations with the successful upgrade. I noticed at least one already fixed issue: users homepage links in the "mini-user profiles" in forum view is now working properly taking you to the homepages and no longer falsely appending the APUG URL to it.

Two quick observations though:
    - That homepage link bails you out of APUG now. Not a real issue, but you may wish to set the links to open in a "blank" page / new TAB.
    - Some of the forum page links above threads with multiple pages, no longer use the APUG color sheme, but are now the probably default vBulletin blue color. See the blue arrows for "last page" etc.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks, I plan to go through the bug thread soon and get reorganized.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was looking at one of my older 'for sale' posts and the photo link is gone...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...ts-korona.html
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You've lost the APUG favicon.ico

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fixed the favicon, thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    On the frontpage, clicking the small arrow on the right, beside a thread, to get to the latest reply in that thread gets me a "No thread specified" on Firefox 3.6.10 on Win XP.
    Last edited by Jerevan; 09-28-2010 at 10:34 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: corrected error message
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    On the frontpage, clicking the small arrow on the right, beside a thread, to get to the latest reply in that thread gets me a "No thread specified" on Firefox 3.6.10 on Win XP.
    Yes, I notified the admin as the error message says some time ago, but it's still problematic. There's a "=" character after the thread number at the URL, which ruins it. Additionally, the post number at the link will get you to the last post of the thread, not the first unread. IMHO, it would be better if the URL text stopped at "goto=newpost", which seems to get you to the first unread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still, if you have more than 100 posts to view, the number of pages and the post count shows 5 pages and 100 posts. The New Posts is unable to show the number of New Posts it has for you.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin