Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,595   Online: 922

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- APUG Homepage Update + a new forum for Industry News

Hi All,

I have updated our homepage in an effort to add more live content as well as reach out to various social streams online. I believe Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are a great resource to spread the word about APUG & Traditional Photography. I have also created a new forum for Industry News:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/

I could use some help in locating the latest in Traditional Photo news. As the forum fills with news I'll be "tweeting" it to the APUG homepage. With a bit of help the APUG Twitter page could be the Internet's best resource for the latest in traditional photo news. I will be emailed any time a new thread is posted in Industry News, and I'll update our news feeds right away.

Also, if you have a twitter account then following "APUG_News" on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/APUG_News
    It is a good way to find out about site outages. If APUG is down, head to the Twitter page and I'll post status updates.

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, as for avoiding duplicate content. What we can do is simply move Industry News content to appropriate forums and leave a permanent re-direct in the Industry News forum. So for example, Industry News could be a new film on the market. This can be made visible initially as Industry News, then we can move it from Industry News to the Film forum. The result will be a redirect link in the Industry News forum pointing to the topic now living in the film forum. So think of Industry News as a holding queue to make us aware of breaking news, then we can migrate the news items to their respective forums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A few more homepage tweaks done such as a block now containing 15 recent posts and classifieds. If anyone has something they would like to see on the homepage let me know. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Top Stats at APUG homepage can not be re-enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    A few more homepage tweaks done such as a block now containing 15 recent posts and classifieds. If anyone has something they would like to see on the homepage let me know. Thanks
    Hi Sean,

About this homepage: In this block with the 15 recent posts and classifieds, there is a an option to disable or hide it (click on the topbar). If you do this, like I did, there is a message page that says something like:

"To re-enable topstats choose "Enable Topstats" from "Quick Links" menu"

Now, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any "Quick Links" menu...

There is one in the Gallery / Quick Links / Enable Top Statistics, but it does nothing for bringing back the top statistics block on APUGs homepage (in fact, this is another issue!, the option in the Gallery menu gives a blank page...)

I suspect you have disabled another Quick Links menu in the Forum or Home menu section or something, that should take care of it.

Maybe you could provide a link in the User Profile (My APUG / General Settings), or somewhere else, to re-enable it. Now, once it's gone, it's gone for ever...

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin