Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,817   Online: 868

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- APUG is now running the Amazon.com affiliate program

Hi All,

I have had some requests over the years by APUG members who shop with Amazon to set us up as an affiliate. They would prefer to shop at Amazon & get APUG a kickback for it. I usually shy away from such programs but it seems fairly low key. With the current economic climate, it can only help. I have placed an affiliate banner on the APUG Classifieds homepage, and I will place another one on the "Support Us!" page. If you plan to shop with Amazon, just go via the Amazon banners on APUG and we will receive a nice kickback. Hopefully the banner is not too invasive, it is non-animated.

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Good idea!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had never heard of it before, but it sounds like a good idea.
    Is it only for amazon.com, or will it be extended to amazon.co.uk and others?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    I had never heard of it before, but it sounds like a good idea.
    Is it only for amazon.com, or will it be extended to amazon.co.uk and others?
    I think it's just .com but maybe it will track you if you go to .com and make your way to .co.uk via the Amazon.com site. Not 100% sure yet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think it's just .com but maybe it will track you if you go to .com and make your way to .co.uk via the Amazon.com site. Not 100% sure yet
    I'll give that a try when the occassion arises (just got three books from .co.uk this week, so I'm all set for the moment...).

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where is it?

All I see is:

"Buying from Amazon.com? Using the banner below is a great way to support APUG."
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bummer, i bought some stuff there yesterday ...
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great idea, particularly since many of us order a variety of items from Amazon. But what about some of the more common equipment and film sources: Freestyle, B&H, etc? I usually try to click through the partner links (particularly for Freestyle), under the assumption that doing so let's them know that apug subscribers support their business.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    Where is it?

All I see is:

"Buying from Amazon.com? Using the banner below is a great way to support APUG."
    It is possible you are running an adblocker, you will need to set your ad blocker to allow ads from apug.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Great idea, particularly since many of us order a variety of items from Amazon. But what about some of the more common equipment and film sources: Freestyle, B&H, etc? I usually try to click through the partner links (particularly for Freestyle), under the assumption that doing so let's them know that apug subscribers support their business.
    I have been offered affiliate programs by several photo retailers such as Adorama and B&H, but reject them as it is unfair to our many smaller advertisers that sell photo products. I believe some shops like Freestyle track clicks from APUG to ensure advertising with us is worthwhile, but there is no official affiliate program. It can't hurt to mention to the advertisers that you found them via APUG. I went with the Amazon program because they offer a lot of products that would not conflict with our current advertisers. I suppose I'll try it for a month and see what happens, if it brings in like $3 a month then I'll remove it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin