Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,523   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,

The "Delete comment" option in the Galleries is also still not functioning. Again a good reason to check all other old reported bugs:

Link to description of that bug in other bug thread:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum39/8...ml#post1059736

To be honest, I am slightly baffled that such obvious bugs haven't been fixed by all these upgrades up to now... What is fixed in that list of 600 bugs, if these things aren't part of it? OK, I know you have some extra modules running not part of vBulletins core, but the Gallery was also upgraded...

I am beginning to feel vBulletin's focus on bug fixes is primarily on the "back end" for forum administrators, and not so much the user interface, which is just as important. Maybe its partly because forum users will not report issues to vBulletin directly, while forum admins will.

Sean, maybe it is time to report issues - if they haven't anything to do with your own customizations - to the vBulletin bugtracker system. For those issues where I posted screenshots, simply save and add the screenshots to such report. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll see them fixed with the next upgrade.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Hi Sean,

The "Delete comment" option in the Galleries is also still not functioning. Again a good reason to check all other old reported bugs:

Link to description of that bug in other bug thread:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum39/8...ml#post1059736

To be honest, I am slightly baffled that such obvious bugs haven't been fixed by all these upgrades up to now... What is fixed in that list of 600 bugs, if these things aren't part of it? OK, I know you have some extra modules running not part of vBulletins core, but the Gallery was also upgraded...

I am beginning to feel vBulletin's focus on bug fixes is primarily on the "back end" for forum administrators, and not so much the user interface, which is just as important. Maybe its partly because forum users will not report issues to vBulletin directly, while forum admins will.

Sean, maybe it is time to report issues - if they haven't anything to do with your own customizations - to the vBulletin bugtracker system. For those issues where I posted screenshots, simply save and add the screenshots to such report. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll see them fixed with the next upgrade.

Marco
    It's been a bit tricky lately as my freelance coder has been unavailable for a while. I can't afford anyone else and have worked with the guy for years so prefer to use him. He's a real whiz, knows our system and is highly trust worthy. As I waited for his availability vBulletin rolled out 4 more point releases and about 4 patches. I was concerned we were drifting too far behind on the core and wanted to get us up to date again before proceeding with 'regular' bugs. I managed to snag the coder for this weekend so we could patch the system up. This unfortunately left our user reported bugs in limbo while we worked on the core software. His availability is starting to improve so we should start some serious bug scrubbing soon. vBulletin 4.x was lacking so they have been working like mad to correct it. Things are starting to settle and the 4.x system is getting better with each update, vastly superior to the original 4.x launch. Still there is a lot left to work on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK Sean, most of the stuff reported by me and others isn't high priority, but if fixes are made at some point in time, it's nice to see them implemented.

And if issues, after a closer look by you and your coder, do turn out to be re-traceable to the vBulletin core code, you can still report them later on to vBulletin.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean -

In the Gallery the box with the picture information is displayed all the way at the bottom of the comments -- rather than directly underneath the picture itself as it has been previously. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but having to go to the end of the comments perhaps on another page seems not where the info should be located?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Sean-
    Could we have the Top of Page button back?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanc View Post
    Hi Sean -

In the Gallery the box with the picture information is displayed all the way at the bottom of the comments -- rather than directly underneath the picture itself as it has been previously. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but having to go to the end of the comments perhaps on another page seems not where the info should be located?
    I don't see this. It is displayed directly below the picture to the right of the comments at my computer, as it was before. What are the screen settings of your computer? And can you make a screen shot of it:

- Open Word
    - Go back to APUG and Gallery page where you see the issue
    - Hit "Print Screen" (Prt Scr) button on your keyboard
    - Go back to Word and hit Ctrl+V or choose "Paste" in the Edit menu.
    - Save the Word document and attach it in a post here in this thread.
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I notice that the number of posts doesn't record when I post on the lounge part.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks awesome now! Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanc View Post
    Hi Sean -

I can't seem to reproduce it so need to know what OS and browser you are using. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Sean,

in the gallery I can not see how many comments or views a picture has, neither in the main gallery interface, nor while viewing just my pictures.

- Thomas
    This should be ok now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin