Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,582   Online: 784

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No clay tablets, ha! Made me laugh!
    Thanks,
    Best regards,
    /Clay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Marco, looks like the updates (although don't show much of a difference to the end users as you mentioned) have done wonders for server load. We hit 1,160 online at once today and loads were 0.80 -before upgrades this would have been in the 2.40 range. So they must have cleaned up quite a bit of code that generated unnecessary load. I'm pretty happy about that, now just need to iron out a few more issues and we'll be looking good.
    Good to hear that Sean. With our membership close to hitting 50.000, that can only be a good thing.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean -

I am using MAC OS 10.6.6 and Safari 5.0.3. Both are the most recent releases.

Attached is a pdf of an example from the Gallery with the picture information being displayed below the comments. Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanc View Post
    Hi Sean -

I am using MAC OS 10.6.6 and Safari 5.0.3. Both are the most recent releases.

Attached is a pdf of an example from the Gallery with the picture information being displayed below the comments. Thanks!!
    That is indeed not correct, and I can reproduce your results on Safari 5.0.3 running on my Windows XP SP3 machine.

It seems a Safari specific issue, as I have now tried all of my other browsers, and none show the same issue. In those other browsers, the image information is displayed in the normal position directly under the image, to the right of the comments (directly below "Printable version" link).

Browsers showing no issue: Firefox 3.6.13, Opera 10.63, Google Chrome 8.0.552.237, IE 8.0.6

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay2 View Post
    No clay tablets, ha! Made me laugh!
    Thanks,
    Best regards,
    /Clay
    whew!

i hate it when the bird that i use as my keyboard + typewriter looks
    to camera and says " eh, its a living " ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean,

Firstly, thanks for all the work you do making APUG a great place to be.

Bug spot - I tried to add an image from the gallery to my 'favourites' from the 'image tools' menu but that option seems to have disappeared??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Hi Sean,

Firstly, thanks for all the work you do making APUG a great place to be.

Bug spot - I tried to add an image from the gallery to my 'favourites' from the 'image tools' menu but that option seems to have disappeared??
    Hi, It is just above the description box

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The "Last activity" message on the Groups page still shows when someone last viewed a group, not when someone actually added a new post or reply to that group.
    So you get the impression there's life still in a group and go have a look, only to find out that all that happened was that someone else had a look too.
    That someone, or someone else still, then finds the "Last activity" indicator changed and goes to have a look, only to find that [etcetera], which then [etcetera].

When many people are lured into a group to find the corpse of a long deceased, inactive group, APUG still lists it as recently active.

Could it please be changed to indicate only the time and date of new posts? Please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clicking "reply to thread" bumps you into the quick reply box again. But I don't care as much - I kinda got used to using the quick reply before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Clicking "reply to thread" bumps you into the quick reply box again. But I don't care as much - I kinda got used to using the quick reply before.
    I thought that might happen, will re-adjust

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin