Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,429   Online: 970

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- new caching system installed, any issues post here. thanks!

Hi All,

I now have "memcached" running on the server. It basically allows certain data to be stored in a way that the server does not have to reproduce it from scratch. The site should improve in speed and the server loads will drop. So far I do not see any issues but if you notice something feel free to post.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For the uninitiated, what would we be looking for in particular regarding this?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    For the uninitiated, what would we be looking for in particular regarding this?
    You should feel that the site is more snappy, faster loading and response in most areas. I have felt a huge difference even while we are still a bit in the peak time. So far very happy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Now that you mention it, kinda seems that way indeed.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You might want to try Google Chrome as well, the site really flies on Chrome.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    One thing I've noticed is in the Gallery -- when I'm looking at pictures, the information box that explains what camera was used etc used to be located (on my screen) up under the photo, on the right-hand side, just to the right of the comment box. Suddenly, I'm now seeing the info box only when I scroll down to a level below the comment box. It's still on the right-hand side, but now seems to be designed to only appear at a level lower than the comment box.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    One thing I've noticed is in the Gallery -- when I'm looking at pictures, the information box that explains what camera was used etc used to be located (on my screen) up under the photo, on the right-hand side, just to the right of the comment box. Suddenly, I'm now seeing the info box only when I scroll down to a level below the comment box. It's still on the right-hand side, but now seems to be designed to only appear at a level lower than the comment box.
    This seems to be a bug we have with Safari, are you seeing it in Safari? Can you check on firefox? I am waiting for the software developer to give us a fix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm on a Mac and have the same thing as Trask using Safari. With firefox (probably an older version - 3.0.1), it's up next to the description box, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We've been told by the vbGallery developers that they'll have a possible fix for us on Sunday

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    APUG is really slow for me right now.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin