Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,465   Online: 1045

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

*correction* APUG in B&W Magazine (U.S.) January Issue

I'm pleased to announce that I have been interviewed for B&W Magazine's January issue. ALSO - The issue will be featuring 14 photographs from APUG members!

It was really tough requesting entries from so few of you. Myself and B&W chose members mainly based on their APUG Gallery work. Around 30 photographs were submitted to B&W, and the editors of B&W selected 14 for the article.

Photographers selected were:
    Eric Rose (article center piece on page 1, way to go Eric!)
    Alp Tiritoglu
    Brian McGuiness
    John McCallum
    Lee Carmichael
    Kevin Bjorke
    Charles Pere
    David Goldfarb
    Nigel Smith
    Steve Anchell
    Mike Pry
    Alex Hawley
    Gary Beasley
    Francesco Cicoli Abad

Please do not be discouraged if your work was not selected. I feel some worthy of selection may have been passed over to show a variety of subject matter in the article. If some of you are scratching your heads thinking "hmm, why wasn't I asked?". It's possible we simply overlooked you and are sorry for that, we did our best in the selection process. We had to move quickly and with everything on my plate lately I'm surprised we were able to pull this off so well. I've never been involved with anything like this, and was caught of guard at the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. The publisher and writer at B&W were a pleasure to work with.

A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU TO BRIAN McGUINESS!! He was my right hand man on this project. Brian fielded all of the image submissions from around the world to his office in San Fran. There was a lot of material for him to organize and get to B&W and we could not have done this without Brian, thanks man!

Also, thanks a million to the members who took time, effort, and expense to send us your best work. It is such a honor to have you involved in this.
    The article should be about 6 pages, 2 of those are mostly text. I can't wait to see it.

Last edited by Sean; 09-22-2004 at 05:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on bringing APUG to the attention of an astute audience. I'm sure the quality of the work presented will tempt readers to explore further and visit the site. That so many should come to know what's represented here can only bode well for the struggle to enable excellent work in a traditional medium to continue to exist with encouragement and support. Thanks for your vision and tireless effort!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    edited to eliminate a strange duplication of the above. carry on!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    great news!! my name is not in there but a great collection of names indeed.. Including a fellow Country man of mine who i didn't know visited APUG. Alp Tiritoglu that is..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats to all on a job well done. It'll be a lot of fun to page through the issue and see familiar names.

I guess the APUG women's contingent is going to have to get on the ball, though, eh? Fourteen men! Sheesh. Guess it's time to work a little harder.

- CJ

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congratulations Sean and everybody who contributed. We'll finally get to see some of the great work here in print.
    The Rat

Shooter
    Medium Format
    nice one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats to all involved especially Sean and Brian.
    However can we have the names tied to APUG aliases. Some are easy but some are not?

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WTG guys! Will be great to see ya'll in print.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Comgartulations, it is a great news.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin