Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,280   Online: 1218

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- banner ad system installed

Hi All,

I have decided to re-work the advertising side of APUG and implement a banner ad system. We have several traditional based companies wanting to advertise with us so the 4 tiny static logos on the header were starting to hold us back. I have moved to this system for 3 main reasons.

1- To help out some of the smaller traditional companies by giving them cost effective ad space on APUG.

2- The new ad system will make managing our sponsors a dream. It allows each sponsor to have an account which is well organised and accesible by me online. The statistics reports are phenominal and will send our sponsors an automated email containing a detailed report of their ad activity.

3- Some increased revenue for us by taking on additional sponsors. This can prepare us for a possible move to a dedicated server in the future if needed.

Thanks, Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice one Sean. I often frown on banner adverts on the web but these are very useful.

Can I respectfully suggest you make your directory for suppliers and services in AP, the definitive guide on the net.

Perhaps some suppliers would also pay an annual fee for an enhanced presence in that directory.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good to see that Calumet has signed on as a sponsor!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I noticed the change yesterday, Sean. I really like how it focuses on one at a time!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be buying Maco 820 from J and C, a stop clock from RH Designs, and misc. doda's from Calumet.

I currently get kodak at wholesale and don't have a freindly independent shop nearby (the closest being Camera Mart -- great folks but -- in Pontiac 20+ miles away) so it makes my shopping easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    Nice one Sean. I often frown on banner adverts on the web but these are very useful.

Can I respectfully suggest you make your directory for suppliers and services in AP, the definitive guide on the net.

Perhaps some suppliers would also pay an annual fee for an enhanced presence in that directory.
    This is a great idea.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hi All,

I have decided to re-work the advertising side of APUG and implement a banner ad system. We have several traditional based companies wanting to advertise with us so the 4 tiny static logos on the header were starting to hold us back.
    Sean,

Nice job. I usually don't like these things, but I am happy to see those who support what we do. I buy all my film from Calumet, and will be purchasing more B&W film from J&C. I support our sponsors, as I sure many here do.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been holding off on this for a while, but I guess I better get busy with it. I have messaged man here about gathering the info in their areas about retailers, darkroom rentals, wholesalers, repair facilities etc, all dealing with photography. My hubby has a data base done so that all I have to do is sit down and enter the data. It will be broken down by country, then area in the country ie state, provence and the like. From there down to the city or town. You will be able to find information you want on places you plan to travel to, or if you are new to a certain area.

I have lots of the information now, but those of you who I have not talked too can send me more. I will get the data entered asap. This will be on the magazine website as a free information data base to all.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aggie

Get the hubby type to setup a template in excel or similar, distribute to a couple of satellite APUG (1 in each country) and then import into the db. Don't type it in as your time could be better utilized for other activities. I work with, and in db's all day and there are technologies to do this.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Aggie

Get the hubby type to setup a template in excel or similar, distribute to a couple of satellite APUG (1 in each country) and then import into the db. Don't type it in as your time could be better utilized for other activities. I work with, and in db's all day and there are technologies to do this.

Phill
    Hubby type says he can have that ready in about 2 mins. Nice being married to an uber geek. Now I just need volunteers from the various contries. I have some already. Clogz in the Netherlands, Ole in Norway, and Jorge O in Brazil have helped out so far. I have the bay area covered. This really should go into a new thread.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin