Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,171   Online: 796

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Having some Web Hosting Issues

APUG has gotten too big for it's britches and the host has moved us to a temporary holding area. I had been monitoring our usage and am a bit caught off guard by this. Everytime I check our CPU usage I see 3%, 5%, nothing too crazy. They say we are pegging it to 60%. I am trying to negotiate a plan upgrade, and failing that will have to find a new host. This is a last resort as migrating to a new host will be a huge ordeal (possible 2-3 day outage). I should know something soon..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well I'm afraid things ain't pretty. We have to migrate to a new host. I have found a host, signed up, and we'll be moving to a semi-dedicated server plan. The signup may take up to 24hrs, then there is the migration which could take 1-2 additional days. I might disable everything but the forums for now, we'll see. The temporary server we were forced to be put on is highly unstable.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin