Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,463   Online: 1025

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're Back!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GREAT Job Sean and all involved. Was online when it went down as well, but did see your post Sean..Thanks for that, would have seemed worse without knowing something. Did see the periodic post with status update, but did not try after seeing the site was in move mode.

Good to have the site back..works great from work, will see how it looks with the old dial-up line at home this afternoon.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Sean,

Fantastic job and many thanks for the hell you must have gone through over the past 24 hours or so. Great to have you back so soon, I though I was actually going to have to spend time with my family
    Tony
    Woke up at 5:30 as my wife was getting ready to head out to work and the first thing she said to me was "You've got so much more time now! APUG is down!". Apparently, she just saw the status page on the notebook but didn't do a reload to see if it was still down.

Maybe it's about time for me to upgrade my subscriber plan to the wireless neurochip auto-update plan. Barring that, maybe a heads-up RSS display on my contact lenses.

-KwM-

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Wow - if I hadn't subscribed last week (eCheck still pending, I think), I would have definitely done it to help with the server migration. (and to see it back up so quickly, too!)

Thanks for the great site!

Shooter
    35mm
    What a shock to log on last night to find the site down last night. Great to see it back up again already this morning. Thanks Sean and thanks to the new webhost.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Damn you must be good. If you hadn't posted this thread I would never have known APUG had gone away. Good work fella
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean I was one of those who saw the post that you were having tropuble and gong to migrate. What was really funny was the number of emails I got asking me what was going on. You need one of those email trees, like a phone tree to let people know when a disaster like this happens. Quite a few people were having withdrawal symptoms.

Great job on the migration. Hope this keeps it stable for a long time. Which at the rate this site is starting to grow, will be about 6 months. Sounds like the life span of a digital camera, lol
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    Last year J & C had to do a major expansion just to keep up with demand, Satin Snow has had trouble filling orders. And now, a little website that that caters to the last few remaining photographic luddite elitists has managed to overpower it's server and migrate to a much larger one.

Perhaps it is a bit premature to herald the death of traditional photography
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Last year J & C had to do a major expansion just to keep up with demand, Satin Snow has had trouble filling orders. And now, a little website that that caters to the last few remaining photographic luddite elitists has managed to overpower it's server and migrate to a much larger one.

Perhaps it is a bit premature to herald the death of traditional photography
    [size=7][/size]
    [size=7]exactly!!!![/size]
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Went through momentary withdrawal last night, but knew Sean would save the day.
    Sean, you are the greatest.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys, and thanks for the new subscriptions that have come in as a result

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin