Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 738

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sean,

Nice going on the expanded language support. When's the español coming?
    Also, I've noticed bits of text showing up in French, I think, on some pages. Instead of "settings" I get Mon compte and there were a couple others that I can't recall right now. This is on two different computers. So unless this is a sneaky way of making me multi-lingual, you might have a glitch somewhere.

-Raul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Roberto only translated the actual forum titles and descriptions. The mass of system text translation was done by Italian vBulletin owners. It is good to have the suggestions thanks.
    Looking at some of the Dutch translations as well, I don't think the vBulletin owners are doing a very good job with their foreign language translations... Somehow, that doesn't surprise me
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcam72 View Post
    Sean,

Also, I've noticed bits of text showing up in French, I think, on some pages. Instead of "settings" I get Mon compte and there were a couple others that I can't recall right now. This is on two different computers. So unless this is a sneaky way of making me multi-lingual, you might have a glitch somewhere.

-Raul
    Hi Raul,

So you are on the English language but saw a few french words? Are you able to tell me exactly where or send a screenshot to me at apug.org@gmail.com Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean,

-Raul
    I have seen the "Mon compte" replacing the "Settings" option in the upper right corner of the APUG window next to ones signature image, as well. But I couldn't reproduce it in a reliable consistent way, so can't give instructions as to how to test for the bug. It did happen more than once though, while switching languages and clicking on menu options. Still, no consistency or clear clue as to the source of the problem.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    I have seen the "Mon compte" replacing the "Settings" option in the upper right corner of the APUG window next to ones signature image, as well. But I couldn't reproduce it in a reliable consistent way, so can't give instructions as to how to test for the bug. It did happen more than once though, while switching languages and clicking on menu options. Still, no consistency or clear clue as to the source of the problem.
    I haven't been able to reproduce it. I suppose it is some caching from flicking between languages maybe? Did you click into the FR forum previous to seeing the glitch? Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sean,

This is possible, it just needs someone to provide us with a list of translated forums. Usually this is a more streamlined list since the foreign language forums are lower activity. Basically I am approached by someone that is keen to setup a subset of APUG forums in their language and volunteer to moderate -they provide a translation of forum categories & descriptions needed. I then create the forums and install a system language pack as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I haven't been able to reproduce it. I suppose it is some caching from flicking between languages maybe? Did you click into the FR forum previous to seeing the glitch? Thanks
    Yes I did, and I was thinking along similar lines. Strangely though, I can't reproduce it either, it is not consistent. Most of the time though, I see "Settings", even with FR as language!, and not Mon Compte, while the option beneath it "Log out" is properly displayed in French "Se déconnecter"...
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The German forum needs some work , too.
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean,

I have now been able to reproduce it:

- Switch to FR language
    - Switch to "Groups", you will now see the "Mon Compte" replacing "Settings" in the menu. If you switch to any other option after this, you will properly see "Settings" again.

However:
    If you stay in "Groups" and switch to EN language (or any other), you will still see "Mon Compte" instead of "Settings" (or the other language equivalent that actually should be displayed, but never is...)
    Last edited by Marco B; 07-04-2011 at 07:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    The German forum needs some work , too.
    Best thing is to compile a list of something in it's current text and then what it should be. I'm pretty much flying blind so need as much detail as possible to make adjustments to the various languages.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin