Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,836   Online: 1044

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Basically I am approached by someone that is keen to setup a subset of APUG forums in their language and volunteer to moderate -they provide a translation of forum categories & descriptions needed. I then create the forums and install a system language pack as well.
    My photography related vocabulary in English is bad, it is non-existent in Spanish. So I'm mostly useless to you there.

On the bug front:
    I consistently get Mon compte instead of settings in the upper right hand corner as Marco indicated but only in the following areas of the site:

The GROUPS tab
    Todays Posts
    Subscribed Threads
    My Threads
    My Posts
    Calendar
    Member List
    General Settings
    My APUG
    Private Messages
    Blog Settings

I haven't clicked into the FR forum. Also the attachment in one of my posts is labeled as Fichiers attaché

Hope this helps

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Sean,

I have now been able to reproduce it:

- Switch to FR language
    - Switch to "Groups", you will now see the "Mon Compte" replacing "Settings" in the menu. If you switch to any other option after this, you will properly see "Settings" again.

However:
    If you stay in "Groups" and switch to EN language (or any other), you will still see "Mon Compte" instead of "Settings" (or the other language equivalent that actually should be displayed, but never is...)
    Strangely, one exception to the above "Mon compte" staying in view when viewing "Groups" and switching languages, is German. In German it is replaced with "Kontrollzentrum" when in Groups. However, it is not persistent like the Mon Compte. When you switch to EN, it is properly replaced by "Settings" again.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mon compte is gone now. Fichiers attaches is still there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcam72 View Post
    My photography related vocabulary in English is bad, it is non-existent in Spanish. So I'm mostly useless to you there.

On the bug front:
    I consistently get Mon compte instead of settings in the upper right hand corner as Marco indicated but only in the following areas of the site:

The GROUPS tab
    Todays Posts
    Subscribed Threads
    My Threads
    My Posts
    Calendar
    Member List
    General Settings
    My APUG
    Private Messages
    Blog Settings

I haven't clicked into the FR forum. Also the attachment in one of my posts is labeled as Fichiers attaché

Hope this helps
    I think I fixed the "settings" text, looking at Fichiers attaché

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mon compte is gone now. Fichiers attaches is still there.
    That should be ok now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    (off to bed, will address further language issues tomorrow) thanks for the feedback

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes my fichiers are plain old files again. In the attachment box, next to the pdf icon it says téléchargements which according to Wordreference.com means download. It's next to the file size. My French vocabulary has grown tremendously today. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes my fichiers are plain old files again. In the attachment box, next to the pdf icon it says téléchargements which according to Wordreference.com means download. It's next to the file size. My French vocabulary has grown tremendously today. Thanks.
    The French language pack has messed up a few parts of the default language. I have changed that one and there are likely to be a couple more that show up. Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Romary View Post
    I want to report a little bug. I do not see the date on the list of message, I see : d-m-y, H:i

I am set-up in French.
    It works now

Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    I preferred the flags. Only the UK one for the English language. US citizens have to understand they speak somebody else's language
    If this was Facebook I would have clicked 'Like' !!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin