Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,337   Online: 748

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the Canadian flag should have been used for both English and French fora - just to avoid confusion

And I get French text in parts of the "Forum Tools" list.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Forum Tools dropdown reads:

Post a New Thread
    Mark This Forum Read
    Sulvre ce forum
    View Parent Forum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lem3 View Post
    My Forum Tools dropdown reads:

Post a New Thread
    Mark This Forum Read
    Sulvre ce forum
    View Parent Forum
    It should be ok now. Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Romary View Post
    I want to report a little bug. I do not see the date on the list of message, I see : d-m-y, H:i

I am set-up in French.
    It works now , thank you

Shooter
    35mm
    Is there a way to see new forum posts in more than one language?

As many here, as soon as I open the APUG home page I click on "Forum" and then click on the link for new messages. But this links creates a page with new messages only within the English forum. That's why I almost never see the new French threads.

I would like to see the new posts in, let's say, English, Italian and French fora. This, I think, is important for the success of the localized fora.

Otherwise, I will have to remember to go and check the Italian fora, and then the French fora, explicitly for new threads. Being those fora new and not much lively, after a while one loses the habit of checking the "local language" fora, and goes on with his habit of only reading, and participating, in the English forum.

If instead "local language" new threads were visible with the English ones, even the occasional thread would attract the attention of those who subscribed to that forum.

I hope this is feasible or I fear the non-English fora will go the same route of DPUG: nobody is there so nobody checks, nobody checks so nobody is there, no "network effect" so to speak.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    Is there a way to see new forum posts in more than one language?

As many here, as soon as I open the APUG home page I click on "Forum" and then click on the link for new messages. But this links creates a page with new messages only within the English forum. That's why I almost never see the new French threads.

I would like to see the new posts in, let's say, English, Italian and French fora. This, I think, is important for the success of the localized fora.

Otherwise, I will have to remember to go and check the Italian fora, and then the French fora, explicitly for new threads. Being those fora new and not much lively, after a while one loses the habit of checking the "local language" fora, and goes on with his habit of only reading, and participating, in the English forum.

If instead "local language" new threads were visible with the English ones, even the occasional thread would attract the attention of those who subscribed to that forum.

I hope this is feasible or I fear the non-English fora will go the same route of DPUG: nobody is there so nobody checks, nobody checks so nobody is there, no "network effect" so to speak.

Fabrizio
    It should work if you click either of these links:

If you get no results from the above it may just mean there are no new posts there.

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, thanks.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin