Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,252   Online: 1123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

fyi- APUG down for upgrades in about 8hrs

Hi All,

I will be taking APUG from vBulletin 4.1.1 to 4.1.7. Mainly 100's of core bug fixes and performance/security improvements. I'll be doing this about 8hrs from the time of this post. We'll be down for up to 1hr.

Thanks!
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Upgrades are complete. As far as I can tell there are no major issues. I am still doing some cleanup that may take a few more hours. If you notice any problems feel free to report them here. One of the main changes you will notice is the new editor. This editor should auto save your writing every so often.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean. All the work you do in the background, and I'm sure it's significant, is greatly appreciated.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really love the upgrade, especially the reply box, now to figure out all the neat little icons and how to use them.
    Sometimes being a ludite sucks.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    looks great from my old mac and safari sean ..
    but i am kind of bummed that i can't "delete post" still ..
    i have to get an intel-mac ... (one of these days)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally!... I am seeing bugs fixed!

We've had "upgrades" before, but they never seemed to fix long standing issues. But now, there are some:

- The "Go to last post" links (small down arrow) in APUG Top 10 stats window finally works and takes you to the last post of a thread
    - I also noticed the "Member list" now properly shows icons for email contact links, instead of a wrong "sendpm.gif" text.

Probably other real fixes as well, but also unfixed stuff Search is still not working in the APUG Video section, but if I remember it well this wasn't a core vBulletin function. Still gives an error of "Could not find phrase 'media_search_string_too_short'".

New editor is nice too
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Finally!... I am seeing bugs fixed!

We've had "upgrades" before, but they never seemed to fix long standing issues. But now, there are some:

- The "Go to last post" links (small down arrow) in APUG Top 10 stats window finally works and takes you to the last post of a thread
    - I also noticed the "Member list" now properly shows icons for email contact links, instead of a wrong "sendpm.gif" text.

Probably other real fixes as well, but also unfixed stuff Search is still not working in the APUG Video section, but if I remember it well this wasn't a core vBulletin function. Still gives an error of "Could not find phrase 'media_search_string_too_short'".

New editor is nice too
    Hi Marco, I found a fix for the video search, seems to be ok now. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hi Marco, I found a fix for the video search, seems to be ok now. Thanks
    Confirmed, keyword searching on Videos is finally working too.

With over 120 video links now, a search option is getting useful.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin