Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,675   Online: 739

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The avatar issue seems like it is "fixing itself", as it is not correct (shows only "Jerevans' avatar" as a text) when I just have posted an answer in a thread sometimes, but after revisiting the thread the avatar is there, displayed correctly. I'll report back if I find anything of use.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    The avatar issue seems like it is "fixing itself", as it is not correct (shows only "Jerevans' avatar" as a text) when I just have posted an answer in a thread sometimes, but after revisiting the thread the avatar is there, displayed correctly. I'll report back if I find anything of use.
    I have seen this happen too. There definitely is some minor issue with the new avatar setup. Not a real big deal, but worth investigating and fixing in the long run.

Will keep watching out for this issue to see if it is still happening at this time.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just ran a script to rebuild all avatar images, that might fix it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Icons OK

Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    No luck here yet. Although that could just be the company firewall being slow to catch up & hard to force a refresh. Safari 5.1.1 on Windows, fwiw. If I remember, I'll check it at home tonight.

BTW: same for the "Advanced" reply, it was interesting to get an image attached this way.
    Works fine at home, where I have full control over proxy and firewall. So, I suppose it's a matter of time before it is "automagically" fixed on other locations.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Realize that DNS issues can be local problems.

Every ISP maintains a DNS cache, retaining DNS queries for a period of hours (configurable).

If you try to access this site before it has timed out of the DNS cache on your local ISP, you'll use the cached address rather than the updated one.

This is something you cannot control. The DNS cache will purge itself when the entries get too old, but that might be as long as 24 hours.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    APUG went down, the message was from Cloud Nine or whatever it's called and said there was no cached images of the pages and that the server was offline.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    APUG went down, the message was from Cloud Nine or whatever it's called and said there was no cached images of the pages and that the server was offline.

Ian
    Hi Ian, what time did that happen and how long before you could get back in? Cloudflare is our CDN (content delivery network). If APUG becomes unresponsive for a short time then that message may appear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sean, was down a couple of hours, but then I went to IE which I never normally use and it was OK. Maybe an issue here but I've never seen anything like it before and only affected APUG, I usually have multiple tabs open. I am on Aurora which is pre-release but it's been the most rock solid Browser I've used in a very long time.

The two hours just before I posted

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 11-14-2011 at 03:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the second time I've had the same problem, I'm running Firefox. I recieved the same message about no cached pages.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Can you guys recall what time it happened. If the site is running a backup it can be down for 2-3 minutes, that might throw the no cached pages error up. On that error page is a link to reload the site, usually clicking that gets you right back in. I have spoken with the company to say this link is not visible enough. If someone does not click the link then it could take an hour or so for the site to show up again. I'll look into it further.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin