Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,555   Online: 961

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean - it went down here on the US east coast about 12:45 (noon hour). I don't know how long it lasted as I had to go back to work.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would appear from my browser history that the site went down just after 17.20 GMT. I did click on Cloudfire's reload link but nothing happened.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've adjusted my server monitoring so should be able to catch it if it happens again.
    *update, now have my monitoring to check a specific page on apug and specific text. This runs every 15mins. I may bump this down to 5mins during waking hours to see if I can catch any issues.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you are getting pretty close to ironing out the issues after the migration. I don't see any of the Avatar issues anymore, and the other main issues seem fixed as well. Hope you can get the last things with the CDN sorted out and the warning message for the site backup clearer if that is an issue.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Login issue

Hi Sean,

I have reported this issue before, but during login a vBulletin variable is displayed when language is set to other than English. I have now made a screenshot of this issue with language set to Italian. See attachment.

Marco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vBulletin_variable_issue_during_APUG_login.jpg  
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Will have a look at the variable soon. One thing I am happy about recently are the backups. I spent weeks working on this (rsync and mysqldumps). We now have superior backups than before. Automated off-site nightly backups that are Geo-redundant. I also take weekly full encrypted backups to a local server at home. I spent the last 4 days building a full blown web server at home to test the backups in a disaster recovery scenario. All went well, I had a full blown APUG running at home on my local web server via the backups being implemented to it That's 23GB of data and a 1.3GB database dump.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New issues with APUG Video section

Hi Sean,

After adding two new video links, I now noticed two new issues in the APUG Video section I haven't seen before, and that seem related to recent changes, including the new editor that is now also used in the video section:

1) - In IE(8) browser, the flash video objects fail to load in the window and hence videos can not be viewed. See the attachments. This is a rather big issue. I don't see the same issue in Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari. *** Please note: *** I have no issue watching exactly the same videos directly on YouTube in IE, so there seems no specific issue with flash in IE in my browser. Please also note this is on Windows XP, SP3 with all recent updates and fixes and up to date versions of browsers.

2) - When I try to "Edit Media" to change for example the discription of the video media, as soon as I hit the "Edit Media" button on the edit page, the editing fails with a warning saying that the "Window will be closed and edits will be lost" (translated from Dutch, but see the partial English warning message in the Chrome screenshot). The editing does fail, it is not saved, therefore it is now impossible to edit the description of added videos.

Marco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails APUG_Video_section_IE_DISPLAY_video_issue.jpg   APUG_Video_section_Firefox_DISPLAY_video_issue.jpg   APUG_Video_section_Firefox_EDIT_video_issue.jpg   APUG_Video_section_Chrome_EDIT_video_issue.jpg  
    Last edited by Marco B; 11-16-2011 at 08:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The display issue seems fixed after I upgraded to the latest version of Flash Player (Plug-In version 11.1.102.55, ActiveX-version 10.3.183.10). I can now watch the APUG videos again in IE. I also emptied all cached settings using the Flash Player Settings Manager, so it might actually be related to some cached setting on my computer...

Still interested to know if other people had similar issues with the previous version of Flash Player and IE.
    My website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, Good Job!
    All is running well from my side, seems faster, more responsible that before the move.
    FreeBSD 8.2 - Chromium (from source), FFox (from source).
    OSX SL - Safari, FFox, Camino.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Marco, will get the bug report module added to the helpdesk some time today.

George, yes I find it far more responsive. We are also now in a scalable cloud environment at Joyent.com.. which means within seconds I can scale the server spec up or down as needed. Also, our CDN serves our data from 12 global data centers meaning those in Europe see gallery images via servers in Europe which greatly increases their local load times. Our CDN must have a data center in my neck of the woods as well since all the gallery images load instantly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin