Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,446   Posts: 1,643,412   Online: 867

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'm at work and don't have time to check all the pages so please ignore if it was already covered. I have noticed that I'm getting the cloudfire no cached page available screen rather often but using another browser indicates the site is available. Clearing my cookies for apug solves this issue so I think the cookie is getting corrupt somehow. It's happening in the latest version of Firefox on both my home and work computers (both Mac Pros).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eurekaiv View Post
    I'm at work and don't have time to check all the pages so please ignore if it was already covered. I have noticed that I'm getting the cloudfire no cached page available screen rather often but using another browser indicates the site is available. Clearing my cookies for apug solves this issue so I think the cookie is getting corrupt somehow. It's happening in the latest version of Firefox on both my home and work computers (both Mac Pros).
    Hi,

I've gotten very few reports lately of that message so thought it had died down. I have a monitoring service that hit's a specific text page on APUG every 5 minutes (from 20 different global locations) and pages me if that page and it's exact text is not served. I have yet to be paged. If you see this again can you relay the times you are getting it? On the cloudflare page there is a link (bottom right of the notice) that you can click to try reloading apug again. If you do not click that and apug is back up it will still appear to be down -by clearing your cookies you reset that page (same as clicking the link in the notice) then APUG comes back. At this point I just need some semi-exact times of the error so I can crosscheck it with the server to see if anything unusual was happening then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I've read a thread through to the last message, the title of the thread remains bold in the list of threads instead of changing to plain type.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At so far unpredictable times, as I'm hitting the back button to go back to the list of threads, I sometimes get a message asking if I want to do that as I will lose any changes made in the editor (and I wasn't posting anything). It does go back just fine if I click ok. I'm using Safari on a mac. I think I've gotten another sorta random message, but I don't remember what it was.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think this is caused by the new editor as it auto-saves. It must be auto-saving nothing then glitching. Will have a look into it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, made some adjustments to Cloudflare. Now if APUG is down, it's down -you will not get a cloudflare notice page saying the site is unavailable (supposedly). I've also tweaked a few other things. It's a huge help that if anyone experiences downtime for any period of time that they let me know. Thanks guys!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday I was editing a post I had just made, and the edit screen was not formatting text corectly.

It would show long lines of test as though it forgot a carriage return, and then put the stuff that normally would wrap on the next line again on the following line.

When your cursor went past it the wrap problem would be corrected, but where to drop the cursor in at first was very confusing.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    At so far unpredictable times, as I'm hitting the back button to go back to the list of threads, I sometimes get a message asking if I want to do that as I will lose any changes made in the editor (and I wasn't posting anything). It does go back just fine if I click ok. I'm using Safari on a mac. I think I've gotten another sorta random message, but I don't remember what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I have been getting the "lose any changes" randomly when there is nothing to be save.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think this is caused by the new editor as it auto-saves. It must be auto-saving nothing then glitching. Will have a look into it.
    It definitely needs a look. Since this "lose any changes" error consistently pops up in the APUG Video section (try editing the description of a video you added yourself, it won't work period even if one has made changes), you can possibly use that to debug the editor issue.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Flush the browser caches and cookies should do it for most of the above issues.
    Some of the popular browsers don't obey Apache http headers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    as for Video section it's a bit of a mess. I am in contact with the developer of an app called vbtube. He is within days of releasing an importer. Once that is ready I'll install vbtube and import the old system into that. It seems a much superior system as well.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin