Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,707   Online: 703

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    as for Video section it's a bit of a mess. I am in contact with the developer of an app called vbtube. He is within days of releasing an importer. Once that is ready I'll install vbtube and import the old system into that. It seems a much superior system as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Have updated the APUG helpdesk to include a "Bug Report" option. This will be used to track issues. If you would like to start reporting bugs you can do so on our support page here:

http://photocentric.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right now (between 17:20 and 17:45 CET, GMT + 1), APUG is loading incredibly slow at my location. I see nothing out of the ordinary when doing a ping or a traceroute (the latter ending up at cf-173-245-60-43.cloudflare.com (173.245.60.43) ), but getting a page loaded, doing a search, posting a reply all takes anything from 10 seconds to well over a minute. I don't have trouble loading other websites, so I suppose it is not a problem at my end. Just thought I'd mention it (if I can post it...).

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Right now (between 17:20 and 17:45 CET, GMT + 1), APUG is loading incredibly slow at my location. I see nothing out of the ordinary when doing a ping or a traceroute (the latter ending up at cf-173-245-60-43.cloudflare.com (173.245.60.43) ), but getting a page loaded, doing a search, posting a reply all takes anything from 10 seconds to well over a minute. I don't have trouble loading other websites, so I suppose it is not a problem at my end. Just thought I'd mention it (if I can post it...).
    I noticed this as well but it seems ok now. One of the data centers at cloudflare had an attack. I think when this happens cloudflare stops serving our static content until the attack is mitigated. This just happened to occur during some peak APUG time and our server then had to pick up the slack, this put our server load way up during that time. It's highlighted that I should alter my server monitoring to ping me on a high server load. If that happens then I can hop onto the server and raise the server spec for a short time until things settle. Thanks for the info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok, cpu load monitoring is now up and running via a check script and pingdom. Basically the server will start to slow with a cpu load over 2.50 If the load passes 2.50 for more than 4minutes I'll get an sms on my cellphone and can look into it.

I have another monitor that checks a full page loads on APUG with specific text. That pings APUG every minute. I also plan one more monitor that will alert me if a page on APUG takes longer than 20 seconds to load.

Not only that, these checks are done by 40 different global locations, so we should be fairly covered.

Between all this we should be covered.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Between all this we should be covered.
    I should say so. You don't take half measures, do you? *thumbs up*!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We just had some sort of issue but it seems to be back up now. Will continue to monitor...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    as for Video section it's a bit of a mess. I am in contact with the developer of an app called vbtube. He is within days of releasing an importer. Once that is ready I'll install vbtube and import the old system into that. It seems a much superior system as well.
    Are you sure you want to take up this at this point of time with the other last bit and pieces of the server migration possibly needing attention? Although I have reported a couple of issues since the APUG Video section went up quite some time ago, with the search functionality now sorted out, and the possibility that the editor issues might be fixed along the way once you sort the vBulletin editor issues out, it runs fairly well at this point. At least for the YouTube videos I have been adding, there doesn't seem to be a real issue at this point...

But as kraker said "You don't take half measures, do you? "
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, adding vids seems to allow editor but comments and more have problems. Unfortunately that video script is no longer supported. I haven't heard back from the other guy yet. Here is the other script if you want to have a look:

http://www.vbtube.com/vbulletin4-demo/vbtube.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I have decided to disable the Cloudflare content delivery system. It seems we are plagued with too many micro-outages from various locations:

The red marks indicate small outages from various global locations. I did not realize it was this bad until I tweaked our monitoring. Now that I have removed cloudflare I will monitor the server to see how it handles the extra load. Worst case I just have to bump up the spec a notch which can be done on the fly.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin