Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,586   Posts: 1,545,813   Online: 1145

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just did some work on it. I added links to "mark all posts read" "my posts" & "my threads". That might be a slight improvement.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think logging out of APUG and back in will get you back to mobile skin too.
    Great tip! I had no idea that wd work and it does! Neat idea to have cookies cleared at logout

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes! It worked and was easy. Thanks all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    vbulletin have confirmed the Mac/Opera bug and have created a bug report: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13732

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sean, PLEASE bring WAP back. It's been at least a month since i could enjoy apug like i always have and i'm in serious withdrawal. The new mobile platform just doesn't cut it on my evilberry. Anything you can do is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
    Leo
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is WAP RIP? My blackberry cries over it every morning.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's not 100% RIP, it's just an ordeal to implement it on this server so it keeps getting put on the back burner. Currently just moved house, still unpacking, no internet connection yet (hopefully monday) and a growing backlog of helpdesk tickets. It would be good to get WAP back in the next two weeks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, on my iPhone it's a blessing, I use my smart phone more than my desktop these days and it's just perfect! Thanks
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...so I went on my Dolphin Android browser, got the mobile site and wanted to check the full site too... so I pressed "Full Site" and got the full site, but then I couldn't go back to the mobile site... so I went into profile settings and hardwired the skin theme to "Mobile"... and since then I'm getting the "Mobile" theme on any browser I choose to log-in, be it mobile or desktop, and the "Full Site" link does not work, nor can I enter the profile settings through the mobile site. Basically, I'm stuck with mobile whatever I do - clearing the cache or the cookies did not work, logging in and out did not work, etc. - it seems that my profile preferences are saved somewhere on the server.

Any idea about this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thicktheo View Post
    ...so I went on my Dolphin Android browser, got the mobile site and wanted to check the full site too... so I pressed "Full Site" and got the full site, but then I couldn't go back to the mobile site... so I went into profile settings and hardwired the skin theme to "Mobile"... and since then I'm getting the "Mobile" theme on any browser I choose to log-in, be it mobile or desktop, and the "Full Site" link does not work, nor can I enter the profile settings through the mobile site. Basically, I'm stuck with mobile whatever I do - clearing the cache or the cookies did not work, logging in and out did not work, etc. - it seems that my profile preferences are saved somewhere on the server.

Any idea about this?
    I've reset your style settings. I need to have an info page on the mobile site so when someone clicks to view the full site they are informed how to go back to mobile. In your case you switched your main vbulletin settings to mobile and since mobile style has no control panel you were unable to reset it back. It's good to see these scenarios so that I can plan a way to ensure members are more informed. Thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin