Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,573   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

APUG vBulletin Mobile Skin Now Available!

Hi All,

I have implemented the new vBulletin mobile system for APUG. This is not a 3rd party app or hack, it's an official vBulletin product that ties directly into our forum. It requires nothing on your part other than a mobile device with a web browser. Simply point your phone or tablet to http://www.apug.org and it does the rest. It will auto-detect you device and load the mobile APUG site. So far it looks great and seems to work well, probably the best mobile system we've had yet. I would appreciate any feedback on it as I can only test it on Android.

Thanks,
    Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, and it popped up on my iPhone as I was surfing APUG on safari and it scared the stuffing out of me until I found the "view in standard" button at the bottom. You might want to offer a heads up before you do something like that again.

It looks almost like the taptalk app but not as refined but if you don't mind I am so used to the safari regular that anything else confuses me.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, there isn't really a way to alert people but the link is there to view the full site if you prefer. The main issue with tapatalk is that it's not free like this new method, but people are still welcome to use it, it hasn't gone anywhere.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sean-- Thank you! Overall it looks like a nice implementation on first glance. One display issue I don't like is that when doing a New Posts query--there's an entire screen of every excluded forum listed (I exclude the foreign language forums). That's basically a lot of useless information taking up over a full iPhone screen. Can that be suppressed? Also is there a Go to first new post button? If not, can that be made as a default? Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I used it for a few seconds then went back to 'full site', I think in iOS 'full site' is just perfect for me; but I greatly appreciate the option to have a mobile option, and for free - even better. I greatly appreciate your attention to this site, these details are why I love hanging out here.
    Best,
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Sean-- Thank you! Overall it looks like a nice implementation on first glance. One display issue I don't like is that when doing a New Posts query--there's an entire screen of every excluded forum listed (I exclude the foreign language forums). That's basically a lot of useless information taking up over a full iPhone screen. Can that be suppressed? Also is there a Go to first new post button? If not, can that be made as a default? Thanks!
    Do you mean when viewing the main forums list? When I do a "New Posts" I don't see any excluded information. If I visit the main forums list I do see the other language forums listed (not sure if there is a way around that yet). I'll look into the go to first new post link.

Also, it looks like some avatars are broken so having a look at that

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm only getting it when I click on the New Posts icon. It gives me a big block of white drop shadow text on a blue background--directly under the Search Results heading.

Edit: This Safari on an iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Do you mean when viewing the main forums list? When I do a "New Posts" I don't see any excluded information. If I visit the main forums list I do see the other language forums listed (not sure if there is a way around that yet). I'll look into the go to first new post link.

Also, it looks like some avatars are broken so having a look at that
    Last edited by Barry S; 12-01-2011 at 07:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi! I am surfing apug on my BB Torch and for me this is much better than the previous one. Thank you for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    I'm only getting it when I click on the New Posts icon. It gives me a big block of white drop shadow text on a blue background--directly under the Search Results heading.

Edit: This Safari on an iPhone 4.
    I'm on android so it's hard to tell what you're seeing. Is there anyway you can send a screenshot to apug.org@gmail.com
    I think you press and hold the bottom button then press the top power button at the same time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ok, I'll try to forward some screen shots.

Edit: done
    Last edited by Barry S; 12-01-2011 at 07:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin