Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,100   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hi All,

... Dunedin is in a jaw dropping region, especially when you venture out to the Otago Peninsula and surrounding areas.

I should be caught up with email and helpdesk over the next 3-4 days. Thanks!

Sean
    Photos... we demand photos!

Good to hear the move went well.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    Photos... we demand photos!

Good to hear the move went well.
    Soon as things settle I'll be spending a lot of time walking Dunedin city with my rangefinder, can't wait

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dunedin - it's not the end of the world but you can see it from there. Good luck and be sure to report back after your first winter!
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just an update. I have definitely underestimated the time involved to move islands and find a new house. It seems all our time the last couple weeks has been searching and viewing houses. We're starting to feel the burn but it looks like we have found a place, so fingers crossed the saga ends in the next few days. I am sorry about the lack of attention to the PUG these past couple weeks, this will change as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks,
    Sean

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Dunedin - it's not the end of the world but you can see it from there. Good luck and be sure to report back after your first winter!
    Well said, Dunedin can be cold!! But then again even Wellington's weather got to me quickly.

I found Dunedin to be surreal in a way. It's like this city that pops out of nowhere and all of these people are there - and if one is familiar with South Island, ignoring CC, they'll probably know what I mean.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No need to refrigerate your materials down here

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Every cloud has a silver lining!......ATb
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    *update...

Ok, we're moved in to the new place. After moving islands, finding a rental, moving to rental, finding a house then jumping through endless hoops to own said house and moving a second time, I don't think we'll be doing this again for a looooong time. Still unpacking and starting to make a dent. My office is almost back in action (hopefully back on my primary workstation tomorrow), and internet will be hooked up Friday. Until then it's spotty access via mobile phone tether. Biggest discovery in Dunedin so far = Llama fur clothing will keep you nice and toasty, this stuff seems to be 3x what wool is

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgive me!

And it does not leave you feeling sheepish.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin