Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,403   Online: 1068

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTT: Print for print

Hello,

It's great to look at photographs in the online gallery, but nothing compares to viewing an actual print. So I want to try something new to expand my collection of prints. I'm offering one of my prints for trade.

I have no idea if this will be of interest for anyone, but I figured that it's worth trying.

My print is printed on 24x30 cm (9 1/2 x 12") Fomabrom 111 paper from a 35mm negative. I will ship worldwide. If you think this is worth a trade, let me know what you have!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gress.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	50486

Thanks for looking!

Trond

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's a beautiful print! I'd like to say that even though I'm new here, I think that's a good idea. I've been oil painting for quite some time now, and it's common in the painting community to do something like this. They're called artist trading cards. It's alot of fun trading original work with other artists, and it is a good way to see first hand what others are doing.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGallop View Post
    That's a beautiful print! I'd like to say that even though I'm new here, I think that's a good idea. I've been oil painting for quite some time now, and it's common in the painting community to do something like this. They're called artist trading cards. It's alot of fun trading original work with other artists, and it is a good way to see first hand what others are doing.

Ed
    Thanks Ed! I'm also participating in a print exchange on another forum (FADU), which also is great. Looking at other photographers work as original prints is invaluable.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As soon as I am satisfied with my prints I will definitely join. Great idea!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm changing my approach a little. I will trade with the first person who expresses interest. I don't need to see the photo beforehand. As long as you are happy with the print you want to trade, it's good enough for me.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Man, I really wish I where ready to do this. I haven't even finished the construction part of my darkroom yet, so I don't have any prints. When I'm ready, I'll gladly do a print swap!

Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGallop View Post
    Man, I really wish I where ready to do this. I haven't even finished the construction part of my darkroom yet, so I don't have any prints. When I'm ready, I'll gladly do a print swap!

Ed
    I would echo what Ed said, this could be a lot of fun over the long term. I hope that this idea is still going when I get a few nice prints out of my new (new-to-me) MF.

Tom.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin