Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,563   Posts: 1,545,303   Online: 774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you guys really wanted this lens so bad, why didn't you bid on on ebay? The lens I have came from Los Angeles years ago and I still have the receipt.
    PayPal is a broken company and I do not agree with their Terms Of Service agreement, PayPal is a well known Trouble Maker, Yes! they work great! untill..... someone that knows how to manipulate their system manages to get free goods, face it, accepting credit cards has its risks no matter what service one would use. I use Propay.com and Google Checkout to process some credit card transactions, people that want to pay by credit card must have a really good reason for doing so and it is at my sole discretion to accept the payment or not.

I do not mean to come off as rude but have found that some buyers who insist on PayPay only payment are very suspicious to me especially when there is no way in hell they are willing to pay by some other means, What am I to think? PayPal Buyer Protection? Sorry, but that is just a sick joke, real protection is your right to Chargeback under banking laws.

My policy about payments and PayPal is based on months of research on how PayPal, ebay, banking and credit card sales with additional research on how credit card scams work, based on this knowledge I have a methodology for how I handle credit card transactions.

The customer service folks at ProPay.com and Google Checkout provide the most complete and honest information on how credit card transactions work along with top notch advice on security procedures, banking laws etc.

I certainly don't wish to offend honest members of APUG but make no mistake about it I do wish to fully offend the scammers and people that cause conflict and have problems with every deal or transaction they get involved in.

The lens has been sold, I wish I had 3 more of them because I have more buyers than lenses!

I will tone down my ads a bit, Thanks! Steve I

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Rare Komura 152mm f3.5 with Copal No1 shutter

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post

I certainly don't wish to offend honest members of APUG but make no mistake about it I do wish to fully offend the scammers and people that cause conflict and have problems with every deal or transaction they get involved in.
    Thing is the scammers and such do not
    give a rat's ass what call them while the rest of us find the colorful and almost accusatory language on the offensive side, as you can see.

Set your terms as you see fit to best protect yourself and be factual about it without the color. Then ignore the messages from the scammers. You obviously have your antenna up and know how to watch for them.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    If you guys really wanted this lens so bad, why didn't you bid on on ebay? The lens I have came from Los Angeles years ago and I still have the receipt.
    If that's the case why were you using photos lifted from a more recent ebay sale ? That's fraudulent and a total dceipt.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't argue that PayPal has its problems. I don't like PayPal either. But the sad truth is they had their foot in the door early and took the industry by storm. Then... eBay bought the company and... the rest is history. I had my mind made up for months that I'd never again deal with PayPal. To my great dismay I've had to give in. Unless others agree to relatively new processes then we're stuck with those necessary evils. Live with it or miss sales... your choice. Do what you want with your sales. Frankly, I don't care. Just don't come come to a high quality benevolent forum such as APUG and espouse rude BS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin