Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,723   Online: 1112

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Rare Komura 152mm f3.5 with Copal No1 shutter

Here is a rarity, I looked all over the internet one day for a picture of one of these lenses and only found the Komura original specs listing.

The 152mm f3.5 Komura lens on offer is in near mint condition with almost no signs of use, perfect glass and shutter.

This lens will work in a Polaroid 110B/900 4x5 conversion on a 900 body, rangefinder can be re-calibrated to suit this lens with about a 4 foot min focus distance. This is a routine conversion service I offer, 10 years of experience in Polaroid 110B/900 4x5 conversions.

Why would this lens need to go into a 900? the 110B just does not have enough room under its hood for this large lens, remember, we are fitting a Pinto with a 429 cubic inch big block V8 and trying to close the hood here, (LOL!)

I am seriously considering building a 900 4x5 with this lens as it would be an excellent candidate for hand held 4x5 photography, Mega Bokeh! there is a bit of an inconvenience in that being mounted on a Polaroid 900 one will need to unscrew its really large front element out of the shutter and stash it safely away before you could fold up the camera. so I decided to leave the decision of which camera this lens is destined for up to you film camera enthusiests out there. Don't forget, you always have that option of mounting the lens on other cameras in your collection, this lens can be pulled out of the 900 4x5 anytime and the focus/rangefinder calibration will not be altered.

$500.00 plus $20 shipping for USA, foreign is more

Payment by means of Check or Money Order preferred, direct bank deposit, Western Union

Credit card use is at my sole discretion, approval of credit card use is at my sole discretion, if approved shipping address and billing address must match, shipping cost will be higher for credit card transactions

I do not use PayPal so don't ask, I may use Google Checkout but only for U.S.A and Canada residents, No foreign credit card transactions.

Serious inquiries only, please.

I am here to conduct good honest business and only want to do business with like minded buyers. It is sad that these statements even have to be here but in the past I have had ALL of the above happen repeatedly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Komura152mmf3.5A.jpg   Komura152mmf3.5C.jpg   Komura152mmf3.5D.jpg   Komura152mmf3.5E.jpg   Komura152mmf3.5F.jpg  

Last edited by SuzanneR; 09-17-2012 at 11:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Removed rude remarks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beautiful lens... but the ad is a bit abrupt. Asking for "serious inquiries only" is a far better way than to call some people "jack-offs". It's beyond rude and trodding pretty deeply into verbal abuse territory. I was interested as a "serious buyer" until I read your ad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ummm... me too, and I'm within driving distance to do a cash deal. Too bad.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Last edited by jnanian; 09-16-2012 at 10:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: not worth my time

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    This lens was sold on ebay from Hamburg, Germany 5. sept. with exactly the same pictures . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The seller here was quite happy to buy from outside the US, a sale that required Paypal but he's extremely rude about selling and won't take Paypal.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    ian, did he call you a jack off and a scam artist too ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Obviously there is a preference for US sales, otherwise he would have included "wanker" in the list of potential buyers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^^^ LOL!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And what's with the "shipping costs will be higher for credit card transactions"? That sounds a lot like "Pay my PayPal fees" (which is a clear violation of PayPal's terms of service). Back in the day, you could charge different prices for cash or credit, but between marketplace pressures and terms of service, I don't know that you can do that anymore (might even be illegal).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin