Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,140   Online: 905

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images

Burke & James 6x9 Press Camera Kit trade for P67 or Film

I've got a B&J Watson 6x9 (2x3) press camera that isn't going to get the love/use that it deserves from me as I've got just plain too much stuff. <edit> I'm in 92116 San Diego, CA, USA and would like to keep this state-side for the next week or so. If no offers at that time, I'll expand the range.

Kit contains:
    Watson camera
    5x 2x3 sheet film holders/DDS
    Graflex Roll Film Holder RH8 (last lever wind with extra rollers for film flatness, nominal 6x9)
    Crown Graphic original equipment Trioptar 103/4.5, shutter is reasonably accurate
    Kodak red filter to fit Trioptar
    Slip on Pigeon branded hood (maybe OE on early Mamiya TLR?)

The good: I (non-destructively!!!) converted the back of the camera from a typical spring back setup to take the roll film back, it still works fine with the sheet film holders & ground glass panel and you can pick the camera up by the roll film back with no worries. Very secure and no light leak issues. Kalart rangefinder cleaned up nicely and shows motion in the double image. Viewfinder glass cleaned up nicely. Lens is clear and no fungus issues. Should be easy to make more lens boards (very similar design to Anniversary Graphics) if this focal length doesn't suit you. Natively does front tilt/front shift/front rise/fall in conjunction with drop bed. Still have hardware for spring back so you could go 95% back to stock, as I had to machine 1/8th deep on left side of back to clear the roll back

The bad: The viewfinder mask is broken in half, but a small piece of tape holds it together. I never got around to super gluing it, but I'm sure some kind of epoxy would solve it for good with no need for visible tape. The rangefinder lever coming down to the focusing bed has nothing on the front standard to interact with (no tab poking up to catch the lever and move it through it's range of motion). The bed folds up fine, drops fine, but the catch on the body does not keep it locked shut as it should. I messed around for a bit but gave up as I didn't want to break anything and wasn't sure if it was missing parts. Century shutter runs to 1/200. Leather handle has lived it's life, will need new one (I do have hardware).

Wanted in trade: Pentax 67 gear (working body, 2-3 parts bodies, 200 or 300/4), bricks of film, 4x5 film, Fuji Instax wide camera (got a ton of film cheap and need to process it in something after shooting it in my Speed).

If not that, shoot me offers of stuff that may relate to what I've got: Canon VT w/50/1.2, Pentax M42 system, Canon EOS system (40D, EOS 3, 35/2, 50/1.4, 100/2), basic Pentax 6x7 + Super Tak 105/2.4 + prism, Speed Graphic with 210 Tessar, 203 Ektar, 127 Ektar, Yashica + Rollei TLRs (paring these down too), some P&S, Polaroids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img-2.jpg   img.jpg   img-3.jpg   img-4.jpg   img-5.jpg  

img-6.jpg   img-7.jpg   img-8.jpg   img-9.jpg   img-10.jpg  

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Forgot to add, I'd love an Omega 4x5 enlarger...likely have to be somewhere in SoCal for that to make sense, though.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bump. Anybody got anything interesting? P67 165/2.8? P67 55/4?
    Last edited by Fixcinater; 04-01-2013 at 11:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bump-a-roo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Without a focusing panel it is useless.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    There is a focusing panel with clean ground glass, I forgot to include that in the list of items included in sale. Thank you for pointing that out.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bump. Couple pro-packs of film and it's yours.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For anyone who may be mildly interested in this camera, I've seen the Graflok back from a 2x3 speed or crown mounted on 2x3 Bush Press cameras. It requires tapping some new screw holes. Not all that difficult.
    bob.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Found a new home for this, thanks for the interest.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin