Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,020   Online: 930

Shooter
    Medium Format

WTT: Zeiss Super Ikonta III from Certo6, in the UK, looking for trade

Hello,
    I have a lovely Zeiss Super Ikonta III, from Certo6.com, a well known supplier of CLA'd folders. It's a 6x6 folder, with coupled range finder in nice condition with case/strap.

I'm looking to trade this because although it works perfectly, and is a great camera, I'm looking for something a bit more rugged for travel use. With these models of camera, also, you need to apply a little tape to the back of the film paper to get good frame spacing. This is no problem at home, I've done it many times and it works fine, but it's not conducive to being reloaded on the move.

So, I'd like to trade this for camera more suited to travel, I'm thinking along the lines of...

Bessa range finder like R2M or R3M, or Bessa T. For a R2M or R3M, I can add a little money, as they would seem to be the more valuable cameras.
    Some kind of SLR, perhaps some kind of Nikon, Pentax MX or LX, Leica R4, again, can add some money for models more valuable.

Or feel free to offer something else.

I'm in the UK, and it's probably easier to keep this in the European Union in terms of shipping and import taxes etc.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I hope your trade goes well. My own thought is that the Super Ikonta is a very rugged camera. First, it folds, which protects the lens when it's not in use. Second, the selenium meter means you don't know need to carry batteries. And third, when collapsed, it's a fairly compact package.

However, you don't get modern lenses; you aren't able to swap lenses, obviously; and there are limits to the selenium meter. But photography is always about compromise, so you just make your best choice and hope you're equipped for what you want to do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Actually yes, ruggedness was perhaps the wrong term. Really it's the awkwardness of film loading, which normally I don't care about, but for travel, it's nice just to be able to slap a film in the back and go. It's the same with Leicas, they're great, but for travel, I'd rather the convenience of a Bessa.

Mine is a Super Ikonta III, no meter, I think it's the IV which has the meter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What about Olympus? I could offer an om1n, or OM2, and a couple or three of zuiko lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an F4 body I'd consider trading.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
    What about Olympus? I could offer an om1n, or OM2, and a couple or three of zuiko lenses.
    If there are some wide angle lenses in there, I'm certainly interested. Email me the details if you like : taylor DOT garry @ gmail DOT com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff.blackwell View Post
    I have an F4 body I'd consider trading.
    Hi Jeff, I think I'd prefer the smaller Olympus body, thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin