Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,217   Online: 928

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    I can understand why mporter012 would want to trade. I got the 28mm f3.5 ai'd (non-AIS) for about $50 and it's one of the best lenses I've ever shot with (image quality and build quality). Selling the 28mm f2.8 AIS and "downgrading" and making some money would make sense in my books.
    I just got one of these 28/3.5s, and I'm utterly happy with it. If you don't need the light gathering and/or close focus capability of the faster lenses, the 3.5 is the way to go. It's small and light, too, giving perfect balance on a plain prism F, F2, or Nikkormat. Nearly the same size and weight as the 50/2 and 35/2.8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For years I had a very nice 28mm f:2 AI, I barely used it, not a great wide angle shooter and wasn't using my Nikon's that much so I sold it and picked up a very clean 28 f:3.5 AI. Never looked back...very sharp and small lens, a real sleeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Once I sell the 28 2.8, I'm going to likely go with the f/3.5. I use the 28mm focal length so infrequently, that my money will be better spent elsewhere.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    mporter -- you'd be better off with the 28mm f/3.5 -- it's a better lens than the f/2.8 Ai. Sells for cheaper too, so your cash benefit would be higher.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Of course it is just another opinion, but I own and use all 4. 28mm Ai-s , Ai, 2.0 and 3.5. The 2.8 Ai gets little love from others, but I get along fine with it. I love the long focus throw and at infinity it is to me the same as the ai-s. The Ai-s is better up close and the 3.5 is great stopped down a bit all over. That said the 2.0 is superior and the last one I would ever sell.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtScar2 View Post
    Of course it is just another opinion, but I own and use all 4. 28mm Ai-s , Ai, 2.0 and 3.5. The 2.8 Ai gets little love from others, but I get along fine with it. I love the long focus throw and at infinity it is to me the same as the ai-s. The Ai-s is better up close and the 3.5 is great stopped down a bit all over. That said the 2.0 is superior and the last one I would ever sell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin