Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,063   Online: 835

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images

FS/FT: Majestic Tripod (Socal)

Fairly large Majestic tripod. Too heavy/bulky to ship. General Dynamics asset tag number, so it has some local history. I'm in San Diego and make it up to Fresno every so often, so if you're in LA or Bako, we could probably get you set up. One of the legs is missing the lowest portion, and it needs an afternoon worth of new grease and clean up (probably not in that order).

What do you have?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Majestic Tripod1.jpg   Majestic Tripod2.jpg   Majestic Tripod3.jpg   Majestic Tripod4.jpg   Majestic Tripod5.jpg  

Majestic Tripod6.jpg   Majestic Tripod7.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one of these and love it. Very sturdy and nicely built. I carried it for ten days on a backpacking trip...weighed more than my backpack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The image of OP using a 127 camera on this monster tripod is sort of wonderful! :-)

I have one as well (thanks to mhcfires, who found a good deal on a couple of them) and it is one hell of a tripod. But I've never taken it further than the patio, and that requires hooking up a team of oxen to move it---I can't imagine backpacking with the thing.

Mine mostly gets used for 4x5 and 5x7, and both cameras are enormously overmounted on it. Sometimes I wake up in the night and hear the tripod whispering to me from the hall closet about how much it wants me to match it up with a nice 11x14 camera...

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bump with an image for ntenny.

Also, I looked closer and it does *NOT* have any of the lower leg extensions, so it will only go about waist high. I thought the legs were tucked up inside the uppers but as far as I can tell, they are not.

So...considering the condition and lack of lower legs...send me a reasonable offer of 120 (expired OK) and it's yours. I want this gone sooner than later so if you are at all interested, let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6130.jpg   IMG_6131.jpg  

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bump for 120 film trade in SoCal. I'm heading up to Bakersfield area reasonably soon so I could lug this along if you are on the way.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Bump. Anybody able to put this to use? Just want it gone...and will donate it soon.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    This will be donated at the end of this week if no one can collect it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ever make it to the Central Coast? (SLO area... Don't know if you take the 101 or the 5 north...)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin