Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,709   Online: 911

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    Sorry, what is a RFH?
    RFH= Roll Film Holder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Pentax 6x7 which I love, it's also my fave medium format camera. Definitely get one, they're quite affordable these days as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just to keep things open I will consider a Mamiya RB67 with 90mm lens and a 150mm or 180mm. A prism and some filters would also be good. I don't care for extra backs, one is fine as I have no need for swapping film types.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, what is a RFH?
    RFH=Roll Film Holder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got an RB with a 90, a 127, and a 180 that I am thinking about selling. Also have a 250 with a busted diaphragm that can be shot, but will likely underexpose a tad due to one lame aperture blade that closes down a bit more than the rest.

What kind of Wista do you have? You have pix?

I know you think the RB is unwieldy, or whatever you think, but it is really a superior system to the Pentax 67 in nearly every way. Unless you are just stuck on the fact that the P-67 looks like a big 35mm, or need super critical film plane flatness (which you do not, for 99% of what most people shoot), the RB is the way to go, given the market for both systems at this time. The P-67 really does not handle any better IMHO, and they are also more expensive. I like them a lot, mind you, and would love to have a system, but there are many advantages to an RB for what most people shoot.

The main point, however, is that the P-67 really doesn't handle any easier to me. I would not agree that it is the better hand held camera.

Not trying to sell ya...just talkin'.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 02-28-2010 at 09:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a very clean Pentax 6x7, with mirror lock up. Far from new, but lightly used (mostly on a copy stand.) 90mm 2.8 leaf shutter lens; 150 2.8. 135 4.0 macro. Focussing extension tubes, reverse adapters, M42 adapter; wooden grip, prism finder (no meter), wlf,
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the offers, I have sent you both PMs.

Images
    Sorry, what is a RFH?
    Roll Film Holder

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, for the third time.....whats worse is that I realized what it meant 10 minutes after I made the post, while walking onto the bus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Got an RB with a 90, a 127, and a 180 that I am thinking about selling. Also have a 250 with a busted diaphragm that can be shot, but will likely underexpose a tad due to one lame aperture blade that closes down a bit more than the rest.

What kind of Wista do you have? You have pix?

I know you think the RB is unwieldy, or whatever you think, but it is really a superior system to the Pentax 67 in nearly every way. Unless you are just stuck on the fact that the P-67 looks like a big 35mm, or need super critical film plane flatness (which you do not, for 99% of what most people shoot), the RB is the way to go, given the market for both systems at this time. The P-67 really does not handle any better IMHO, and they are also more expensive. I like them a lot, mind you, and would love to have a system, but there are many advantages to an RB for what most people shoot.

The main point, however, is that the P-67 really doesn't handle any easier to me. I would not agree that it is the better hand held camera.

Not trying to sell ya...just talkin'.

I had an RB67 for a bit, loved it, loved the lenses, will probably get another at some point in the future, but at the moment, I'm too much of a poor student to afford two 6x7 systems and I find the P67 to be more portable and a far faster solution for the sort of street work I like to do. Were I a landscape man or a studio shooter, I'd have held onto the RB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin